Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

How can women have a 30 minute phone conversation which consists only of:

"Hmmm.......I see....I know.......awwwww.........really?.........ahah.......yeah........yea...........ummmmmm.......yes......oh no!..........yeah..."

I've got my headphones on full blast and I'm about to throw my laptop at her or out of the window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

My wife has asked me why Marc Riley used to be called 'Lard' when he isn't fat, and I have no answer to this question. I'm sure people on here know the answer . . .

I've got a feeling it's one of those things that no-one really knows and it's just down to having to distinguish between the two Marks (well MArk and Marc) because it was only ever used in the context of their radio shows.

I know for a fact it's a "stage name" thing as no-one who knows him calls him anything other than Marc

• Like 1

On 28/12/2020 at 20:53, TheAuthority said:

How can women have a 30 minute phone conversation which consists only of:

"Hmmm.......I see....I know.......awwwww.........really?.........ahah.......yeah........yea...........ummmmmm.......yes......oh no!..........yeah..."

I've got my headphones on full blast and I'm about to throw my laptop at her or out of the window.

I assume that 30 minute conversation happened after the first goodbye? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Why is 1959 such a tough nut to crack ?

That's when MK-ULTRA was the title for the operation that was well underway into mind control. Is it so far-fetched to think these institutions wanted to explore time travel?

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What is this bloody XD thing ? I keep seeing it on posts on VT - has this bled over from social media?

signalling happiness
1. an expression used in text messages or e-mails signalling happiness or laughter. XD is an emoticon. X represents closed eyes while D stands for an open mouth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mike, have you logged in to the wrong account?

I've known what XD is for years. 

I was using loads of ASCII emoticons back in the text-based internet days of the early 1990s. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Haha 1

Â