Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

25 minutes ago, JB said:

Can somebody tell me watts going on?

Well, blandy was the original generator of a pun about electricity and now it's been radiated too far a-field for any one to have the power to stop it.   Bad news for anyone who was hoping the arc of this thread would be short.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

How much money would I need to be paid to even consider going to the "Notting Hill Carnival" for 2 days solid ?

Don't worry, you'd soon have it robbed from you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Where do you draw the line between people who are genuinely dyslexic, and those who just can't be arsed to learn to spell?

In the jungle I imagine.

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Where do you draw the line between people who are genuinely dyslexic, and those who just can't be arsed to learn to spell?

Simple checklist;

Do they have tattoo's? 

Do they wear a cap indoors?

Do they drink out of cans, when glasses are available? 

Can they draw a cityscape when only subjected to a 1 second viewing of it? 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2017 at 15:43, mjmooney said:

I have similar thoughts about:

Naughty/Lazy/Mischievous kid vs ADHD/ODD

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

I wonder when the first advert designed for people fast forwarding through the adverts will be made.

I've long wondered if someone would design and advert that is basically just a billboard on the TV for like a minute. That way people fast forwarding would still get a solid view of the advert.
Maybe you could have a voice over so those not fast forwarding would still get extra benefit. Or even some very clever alternating frame business so it would be a real advert if watched in real time but a billboard if fast forwarded....

I put this to a friend of mine who works in advertising but he reckoned it wasn't worth it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wonder when the first advert designed for people fast forwarding through the adverts will be made.

I've long wondered if someone would design and advert that is basically just a billboard on the TV for like a minute. That way people fast forwarding would still get a solid view of the advert.
Maybe you could have a voice over so those not fast forwarding would still get extra benefit. Or even some very clever alternating frame business so it would be a real advert if watched in real time but a billboard if fast forwarded....

I put this to a friend of mine who works in advertising but he reckoned it wasn't worth it.

That's a good idea, some clever framing so when viewed at 36x or whatever Sky+ FF runs at it looks clear.

Slightly related I've noticed that their is a car supermarket place who have TV adverts that are completely silent. Just a few slides with offers on. I thought that was a clever way of getting people to look up from their phones.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

That's a good idea, some clever framing so when viewed at 36x or whatever Sky+ FF runs at it looks clear.

Slightly related I've noticed that their is a car supermarket place who have TV adverts that are completely silent. Just a few slides with offers on. I thought that was a clever way of getting people to look up from their phones.

All about getting it into their head.  The way Playlife used to advertise upside down on the Benetton Renault.  You make a more deliberate effort to read it that way whether you realise it or not.

Giancarlo_Fisichella_1999_Canada.jpg

• Like 2

There's an Indian restaurant near me that has a huge sign, with their opening hours, special offers, etc. printed on it - all upside down. At first glance it looks like someone has simply put it up wrongly - until you notice the very small print at the bottom that reads (the right way up): "(Yes, we know it's upside down)". 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Black Mirror. Season 1, Episode 2 - Fifteen Million Merits. 

Not quite the answer to your question though but works on the basis that you're obligated to watch adverts and punished for closing your eyes (iirc).

• Like 1

Â