Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Did anyone else have a mate at school, or even nowadays, who would buy the exact same clothes as you?  Like you'd get a new coat and then a week later he'd turn up wearing the same thing, so you'd be walking round town in the same stuff feeling a right clearing in the woods.  A discussion on the radio earlier reminded me of it and tickled me.  It's not as if I was in any way fashionable or cool, either.

24 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Did anyone else have a mate at school, or even nowadays, who would buy the exact same clothes as you?  Like you'd get a new coat and then a week later he'd turn up wearing the same thing, so you'd be walking round town in the same stuff feeling a right clearing in the woods.  A discussion on the radio earlier reminded me of it and tickled me.  It's not as if I was in any way fashionable or cool, either.

This happened to me once. I got a new winter coat that I was really pleased with and a week later this kid on my school bus route had the same coat. I sort of harangued him into not wearing it again. Dickhead move by me, and a regret it. I was 13 though, kids could be really cruel at that age.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

This happened to me once. I got a new winter coat that I was really pleased with and a week later this kid on my school bus route had the same coat. I sort of harangued him into not wearing it again. Dickhead move by me, and a regret it. I was 13 though, kids could be really cruel at that age.

13 with Slayer in one ear and Megadeth in the other.

43 minutes ago, maqroll said:
On 15/05/2017 at 08:47, Wainy316 said:

One of the most punchable faces I've ever known.

Almost as punchable as this one-

o-DANNY-DYER-facebook.jpg

Only ‘cos of his TV/Film presence in the few things I have actually watched (which are few and far between knowing/unknowing he was/is in them) but there are a few VT poster out there (one specifically) that loves the guy. 

Excuses of being tight cast but in fact he is almost as 1 dimentional as Tom cruise (cheekey cokeny hard man - no presence - no menace - no body) Cruise - arrogant word removed (but do all my own stunts at the age of 50+) look at me I’m some body

Sorry ranted slightly only because @maqroll posted a pic of that word removed

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

In my case it would have been Iron Maiden and Queensryche

Out of interest, how old were you when you first got into metal and how old when you left it behind. I take it you had your teen years in the 80s? 

6 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Out of interest, how old were you when you first got into metal and how old when you left it behind. I take it you had your teen years in the 80s? 

Into metal from '83-'86. Transitioned to Zeppelin after that for a year or two, then out of rock altogether for a long time. 

I was the first kid in my school to wear a Parka coat, due to Liam Gallagher wearing one around 2001.  

Almost all of the people in my class were taking the piss "you've got a dead fox round your neck" etc etc - the day after another kid got one and actually said to me "I got this about a year ago, just never wore it to school", not that I actually asked him about it. :lol:  

About 2 weeks later most kids had them.

To this day, this is the only thing where I set a trend.  Thanks Liam B)  

• Like 2

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I was the first kid in my school to wear a Parka coat, due to Liam Gallagher wearing one around 2001.  

Almost all of the people in my class were taking the piss "you've got a dead fox round your neck" etc etc - the day after another kid got one and actually said to me "I got this about a year ago, just never wore it to school", not that I actually asked him about it. :lol:  

I don't know how long your school had been going, but if it was there in the 60s you weren't the first! 

I well remember our parka craze.  :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know how long your school had been going, but if it was there in the 60s you weren't the first! 

Of course! I was just the first cool cat in one in 2001 :) 

My dad and granddad actually chuckled at me when I got it home, saying "Mines still in the loft!"

Edited by lapal_fan

21 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I remember all the hair cuts and the parka coats. What annoyed me was the silly clearings in the woods that started wearing Man City shirts. My mate who was and still is a die hard red even got a city top in the 90s because he was mad on oasis. 

• Haha 2

Kids at school? I've got a mate who still does it and we are in our early thirties. Constantly trying to outdo us. One gets a new car. He gets a new car. Gets a new TV? He gets a new TV. Goes on a nice holiday? He goes within weeks. Starts collecting something? He starts collecting something. But the annoying bit is when the thing he buys is always that ever so slightly better than your own type of thing. He thinks he is "winning" or some nonsense I guess. We just think he is a prick. 

We meet up on a Tuesday night for drinks, take away, footie or film etc... in turn around each others houses. When he got the new TV he was so desperate to show it off so we didn't go round his house for months and months which visibly annoyed him and he flaked out a few of the weeks saying he "didn't fancy it tonight" which never normally happens :D.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Was talking to my driving instructor about music as we do most weeks. We talk about various bands, but he said he's never been big on 'The Who' and I said why. He said back then in high school you were either a mod and liked 'The Who' or a rocker and like 'Zeppelin'  

51 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Well I remember being the first one in our year at school to admit I masturbated soooo...we can all set trends..

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Well I remember being the first one in our year at school to admit I masturbated soooo...we can all set trends..

ROFL PADDYWHACK WANKS!!! OMFG WAT A LOSER! I GET MY MOM TO DO MINE

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Our P.E. teacher showed us how.

• Haha 4

Â