Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Is 8:45pm too early for an adult to go to bed on a weeknight if not ill or drunk?

how many of you are there?

quick tip, if you're on your own, it's actually easier to knock one out stood up in the bathroom, plus you can just run the tap and clean the sink

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

how many of you are there?

quick tip, if you're on your own, it's actually easier to knock one out stood up in the bathroom, plus you can just run the tap and clean the sink

Just me

And I had my standing up tug this morning at 6am. I think I'm too tired to have an evening tommy tank. Although when I get to bed and start surfing on my tablet, I always end up at the same couple of sites. I hope GCHQ aren't monitoring my Spankwire search history. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is 8:45pm too early for an adult to go to bed on a weeknight if not ill or drunk?

No. I normally go to bed between 8.30-9.45. If I'm watching football or something decent it will be 9.30 ish but most of the time I'm in bed for 9. I got into bed tonight at 8.50. I've always been the same.

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just me

And I had my standing up tug this morning at 6am. I think I'm too tired to have an evening tommy tank. Although when I get to bed and start surfing on my tablet, I always end up at the same couple of sites. I hope GCHQ aren't monitoring my Spankwire search history. 

I tried having one this morning because I was having naughty dreams all night. The only thing that stopped me was my lad getting up. I've had two tonight :)

I have often wondered what it would be like if I emigrated to the UK. I wonder if I could cope? There are some obvious similarities, but there are some big differences too, that may bite me on the bum. Things such as weather, overcrowding, food, and cost of living.

I earn approx. 80k Australian, and that works out at roughly 49 000 pound, or roughly 4000 pound/ month. I probably wont get anything that pays that well, so I wonder what is the least per month to live comfortably over there?

I remember Jedinak needed a visa to go from London to Birmingham, so would it be harder for me now?

What does appeal to me about the idea is the total shift in change, and also the challenge to cope with it. Also, I will be closer to my beloved Villa. I suppose the best way, if I am really serious, is to visit.

One day...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

I have often wondered what it would be like if I emigrated to the UK. I wonder if I could cope? There are some obvious similarities, but there are some big differences too, that may bite me on the bum. Things such as weather, overcrowding, food, and cost of living.

I earn approx. 80k Australian, and that works out at roughly 49 000 pound, or roughly 4000 pound/ month. I probably wont get anything that pays that well, so I wonder what is the least per month to live comfortably over there?

I remember Jedinak needed a visa to go from London to Birmingham, so would it be harder for me now?

What does appeal to me about the idea is the total shift in change, and also the challenge to cope with it. Also, I will be closer to my beloved Villa. I suppose the best way, if I am really serious, is to visit.

One day...

I should think Jedinak just needed a new work permit because he was moving clubs.  £49,000 is about double the national average wage (or at least when I last looked) so I should think you'd get by!  Tbh I'd rank going surfing and looking at girls' arses as a better quality of life than watching Villa play in the rain anyway.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xela said:

Regularly I'd say yes.

But every now and then I get a really early  night, like 8pm, and it's glorious.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

One day...

I think you'd be mad to leave Australia to come to the UK, personally.

The only thing we have over you is that our spiders can't pick us up or steal our cars.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I should think Jedinak just needed a new work permit because he was moving clubs.  £49,000 is about double the national average wage (or at least when I last looked) so I should think you'd get by!  Tbh I'd rank going surfing and looking at girls' arses as a better quality of life than watching Villa play in the rain anyway.

Re. Jedinak, I was having a bit of a laugh, because of his delay in his transfer to us. I wouldn't expect to earn anything like what I do here, but as long as I am comfortable, that is all that matters.

As it is, I only get one life, and often wonder if I am being too sheltered living in the bubble of one country. From an outsider looking in's perspective, despite the negatives I have mentioned, there are some things about England that are quite appealing. Such as the people, the culture, history, and the humour. What we live with we tend to take for granted, and any bearable differences seem to become appealing.

Its not exactly something I am planning to do, it is just as the thread says. Its something I wonder.

• Like 2

Sorry mate, we're becoming the country equivalent of a pub lock in. The new Iron Lady is taking control of our borders. She's building a wall, and you're going to pay. No room for Johnny Foreigners anymore. "Rule Britannia. Land of Hope & Glory. God Save The Queen. Two World Wars & One World Cup..."

• Like 1

I once had a conversation with an Aussie barmaid in Leeds, who absolutely loved British weather - rain, snow, cold, the lot. She used to have holidays in Bali, but said (deadly serious) "Seen one tropical island paradise, you've seen 'em all, mate". 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Sorry mate, we're becoming the country equivalent of a pub lock in. The new Iron Lady is taking control of our borders. She's building a wall, and you're going to pay. No room for Johnny Foreigners anymore. "Rule Britannia. Land of Hope & Glory. God Save The Queen. Two World Wars & One World Cup..."

I know you're probably being a bit tongue-in-cheek but I'd have thought people from Commonwealth countries will have more chance of being able to come over to work if EU free movement is stopped.

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I once had a conversation with an Aussie barmaid in Leeds, who absolutely loved British weather - rain, snow, cold, the lot. She used to have holidays in Bali, but said (deadly serious) "Seen one tropical island paradise, you've seen 'em all, mate". 

I can relate to that. That is so bloody true!

45 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I thought it might be becoming like that.

It doesn't go the other way though. I see a lot of lateral transfers from the UK into the services here.

Lovely people, even if they have no taste and like some other team that isn't Villa.

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure that closing the door to the Polish then letting in more people from India and Pakistan will poll very well.

Not with the racists, definitely, but I think the vast majority are more worried about unrestricted movement rather than where they actually come from.

Everyone wants what they can't have (normally).

I love the idea of spending a year or 2 in one country, back home for 2, back out again, but that lifestyle doesn't really exist (not sensibly with a wife and kid anyway).

That's why holidays are so great.  You get to go to these places without the hassle of "work". 

Just take a month off work and come over, you could get most of the UK done in 2/3 months. Just avoid Burnley and Hull (LOL @ capital of culture) - they're shitholes :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I love the idea of spending a year or 2 in one country, back home for 2, back out again, but that lifestyle doesn't really exist (not sensibly with a wife and kid anyway).

I lived that life and loved it, but it does have it's drawbacks. At 30, I've not long moved back to the country, got no savings and have only just started making national insurance contributions. I won't retire a day before 70, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Â