Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

How did we come to live in a society where over confidence, arrogance and dishonesty is rewarded?

Are you saying there's more to this £20 in the trousers story than we're being told?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

ghost poo>fresh sheets>£20 in the pocket

No way. Ghost poos are such a disappointment.  If I've gone to the trouble of digesting something I want to see the fruits of my labour.

Unless of course you mean that you have supernatural visitors who defecate before they leave?

• Like 1

On 08/12/2016 at 21:37, Wainy316 said:

How did we come to live in a society where over confidence, arrogance and dishonesty is rewarded?

Because too many people, when it comes down to it, are selfish, thoughtless words removed.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Do the thousands of people who stream out of VP on 81-86 minutes on Saturday regret their actions or just not give a ****?

What is the point in going in the first place?

I've got to admit, I was considering it on Saturday. I have only ever left early once (the Notts County cup game last season once the game was won) but Saturday had me close.

Thankfully I stayed put

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Do the thousands of people who stream out of VP on 81-86 minutes on Saturday regret their actions or just not give a ****?

What is the point in going in the first place?

Playing Devil's advocate here, but to beat the traffic, get served in the pub quicker, the game is shit.

I've left early plenty of times, but never when it's a draw up to the point I leave. When I had a season ticket, we'd sometimes play the two goal rule, if it wasn't a particularly good match. Two goals up or down, and we'd shoot off back to the pub with 10 mins to go. I'd often miss kick offs too, anything up to 20 mins sometimes. This was a few years back mind. Now I don't live in Brum any more, and don't get to VP as often, I feel like I need to get value for money! 

Edited by dAVe80

Just now, Xela said:

^^^ also, to get onto the train platform ahead of the thousands of others and save yourself an hour of waiting to get home

...but you have missed the winning goal? If the game is done I can understand, though I have never done it myself.  

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...but you have missed the winning goal? If the game is done I can understand, though I have never done it myself.  

Yeah not done it myself, but been at the back of the train queue before wishing I had left early! :)

I have, started a 3 and out rule about 18 months ago, not sure how many games I've walked out of as a result, I know that for away games I did Spurs after something like 28 minutes and Southampton after about 17, tbf I think by the time I got from my seat to the stairs Southampton scored a 4th, there were people outside running past us rushing to get in

1 hour ago, brommy said:

I've been to around 700 first team matches and 50 reserve matches at Villa Park and never left even a second before the final whistle. I wouldn't criticise those that do, but it's not something I could ever do.

Only ever left before full time twice, both away games, both times I was with my daughter. 

One was the infamous 'Savo spitting' game at Blackburn, when we went 5-0 down. 

The other was a Boxing Day game at Leeds. We both had flu and felt shit, the game was appalling, and we left at half time. It ended nil-nil. 

Never done it at VP.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I have, started a 3 and out rule about 18 months ago, not sure how many games I've walked out of as a result, I know that for away games I did Spurs after something like 28 minutes and Southampton after about 17, tbf I think by the time I got from my seat to the stairs Southampton scored a 4th, there were people outside running past us rushing to get in

I left at 3-0 at the Cup Final. Sometimes you just know you're done for, and watching Villa get beat is not something I enjoy (not that I'm saying others do), so I got up and left.

I know a lot of my mates who still have season tickets, spent a lot of time on the concourse last season too. They all said, they just couldn't watch the dross on the pitch, so preferred to stay down stairs, and have a few beers instead, before leaving when the inevitable was confirmed. They still wouldn't stop going, and certainly wouldn't give up their season tickets, but sometimes going to the match isn't even about the football. It's just part of what they do on match days, and for a few of them that are now married, and have kids, it's the only chance they get to go out with their mates. 

• Like 2

Â