Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

So in the last episode of quantum leap ... sam goes back in time to tell als wife hes coming home the screen goes blank and says sam never returned home ......now .....if same went back and al got married they would never have met , the project wouldn't have happened and sam would still be in the original timeline ...........right ? 

Oh Boy !!

quantum_leap_sam_and_al_uniform.jpg?itok

40 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

When Michael J Fox turns into a Teen Wolf, does he have a normal wiener, or is it like a red lipstick, dog's wiener?

It's a valid question. I think it changes so it looks like a pig in a blanket

tumblr_lm2oqpHvNq1qzhyy8.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Why 95% of the people on VT seem lovely, yet 95% of the people that sit around me at VP are utter arseholes. 

95% of people on VT seem lovely? I take it lapal is in the 5%?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oooooh dave.. you WISH you had a friend like me.

Paddy and rob are coming to mine later, and I've got 6.5kg of pork shoulder, white bread rolls, apple sauce, gravy and a slab of crackling with their names on it.. of course I'm lovely! - you ugly, smelly, useless word removed.

I count myself in the 5% too, so you're in good company. ;)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oooooh dave.. you WISH you had a friend like me.

Paddy and rob are coming to mine later, and I've got 6.5kg of pork shoulder, white bread rolls, apple sauce, gravy and a slab of crackling with their names on it.. of course I'm lovely! - you ugly, smelly, useless word removed.

We have about 400 pigs in blankets that have to be used by today so we're cooking them and bringing them with us, hope that's alright.

We're going to be sweating pigs at the new year discos!!

I wonder whether Amazon et al ever will actually use drones and robot vehicles to deliver stuff? I can't see it being practicable myself - too many things to go wrong. Breakdowns, vandalism, opportunistic theft, etc. 

Then again, I predicted mobile phones would never catch on, due to the necessity for so many masts, so what do I know. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder whether Amazon et al ever will actually use drones and robot vehicles to deliver stuff? I can't see it being practicable myself - too many things to go wrong. Breakdowns, vandalism, opportunistic theft, etc. 

They don't appear to care that their own logistics company just abandon parcels which then have to be replaced. Loss and theft is all built into their business model.

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

They're serious about it, I'll give them that. A colleague at work left to go and work for them on exactly that. There are major problems with being permitted by the authorities to actually do it, though as well as the technical hurdles. I think they've been permitted to do a trial, which was said to have worked, but they're a long way away from running regular deliveries in the UK. Give it 10 years, though and maybe there will be some element of automated drone delivery, but still very small scale.

While there is a climate of fear of terrorism, flying things around towns and cities, carrying potentially large payloads is not going to, er, take-off.

Mobile Phones, though. They might catch on.

Their latest plan is to have a number of "carrier warehouses" from which drones will complete all the deliveries.  They either loved the Avengers movies or are secretly HYDRA.

6 hours ago, limpid said:

They don't appear to care that their own logistics company just abandon parcels which then have to be replaced. Loss and theft is all built into their business model.

I get my amazon stuff delivered to my office , i even have the company name on my Amazon address to make life easier for them .... about 50% of my deliveries go to a home address about 400 yards up the road 

I emailed Amazon to say as this is costing you a fortune ( the wrong recipient always keeps the parcels and never brings them over )  put a note on your files that we are the office behind the huge great black gate and not a small flat 400 yards up the road 

they replied to say if you have any special deliver requests for leaving safe you can put them on each order when you make it 

I tried. ... end of the day it's not my money being wasted ..

• Like 1

Amazon regularly allow my parcels to be 'signed' for by a person who doesn't give a name or address. I've even had stuff signed for by builders or contractors working across the street.

It's amazing how quickly they just decided to send a replacement out.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â