Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Had an email from a nutter  the other month saying my representatives were scaring people away from her shop when we carry out our surveys ( they aren’t )

I wrote her a polite email in response  , I even avoided using words like fruitcake , bonkers and vegan.

she replied today , 2 months later to say she has done her own investigation and we are breaking the law ( we aren’t ) and if we don’t stop she is going to record them and then take further action 

I’m wondering , should I ignore her or reply and set the world record for the  largest  amount of sarcasm and belligerence in an email to someone ?

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Had an email from a nutter  the other month saying my representatives were scaring people away from her shop when we carry out our surveys ( they aren’t )

I wrote her a polite email in response  , I even avoided using words like fruitcake , bonkers and vegan.

she replied today , 2 months later to say she has done her own investigation and we are breaking the law ( we aren’t ) and if we don’t stop she is going to record them and then take further action 

I’m wondering , should I ignore her or reply and set the world record for the  largest  amount of sarcasm and belligerence in an email to someone ?

Option two, but also post it one here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

For Wellingborough? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

I have access to all our customer service emails

Our country is full of nutters

On 18/11/2022 at 22:53, bickster said:

I did the Guiness Storehouse one morning before work when I was working in Dublin, it would have been rude not to given I was working about 200 yards up the road. I quite enjoyed it, the smells were glorious and the pint of Guiness in the tower was very good. Great spot for minesweeping pints of Guiness as all the people who didn't like Guiness had one sip and left them. Must have had 4 pints before going in for the last day babysitting the staff I'd been training.

The best pint of Guiness I had was in McCanns Bar just opposite where I was working, it was the closest pub to the Storehouse gate iirc, that was a magnificent pint

Holy shit.

This almost sounds like you actually enjoyed something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK. So I don’t try to hide the fact I don’t watch or really have an interest in football these days, and it’s been that way for a few years. That all said, I do watch a lot of YouTube so I ask explain to me as if you are explaining to a female work colleague why Harry Maguire is a punchline to a joke? 

don’t assume I have watched a football match in the last 5 years and might know. 

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

OK. So I don’t try to hide the fact I don’t watch or really have an interest in football these days, and it’s been that way for a few years. That all said, I do watch a lot of YouTube so I ask explain to me as if you are explaining to a female work colleague why Harry Maguire is a punchline to a joke? 

don’t assume I have watched a football match in the last 5 years and might know. 

Harry-Maguire1.jpg

18 minutes ago, choffer said:

Does anyone ever use the flappy paddles in their car to change gear? My last four cars have had them and I can't think of a single time when it would have been helpful to use them.

I think I have them. I have an automatic but also have them paddles. Not touched them once. 

22 minutes ago, choffer said:

Does anyone ever use the flappy paddles in their car to change gear? My last four cars have had them and I can't think of a single time when it would have been helpful to use them.

In my Honda hybrid, I use paddles constantly for so-called regenerative braking. Same look and placement as gear-shifting paddles, and somewhat related purpose on downhill inclines, but technically very different, too.  

On 26/11/2022 at 22:28, Seat68 said:

Not much to it other than him costing Manure £80m and being a reliable source of slapstick comedy when he plays.  He also is a bit of a sniper's dream in terms of the size of his head.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Last 2 cars have had them. I have maybe used them 5 times in total!

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There's a TV ad for a homelessness charity, that asks "Please donate 29 pounds and 7 pence". 

Huh? £29.07? Why that precise amount? 

https://www.crisis.org.uk/crisis-at-christmas/crisis-at-christmas-2022-why-2907/

£29.07 is the amount that we've calculated that it costs to provide someone with all of the services we provide over Christmas 2022, as well as support for getting out of homelessness in the year ahead in 2023.

I googled it.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Errr, OK. Absurdly specific. Just call it thirty quid and ask for that. 

The random price gets people thinking and it sticks in their memories. 

People are weird about numbers and costs. Will refuse to pay £10 for something as that's too much but happily pay £9.99.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The random price gets people thinking and it sticks in their memories. 

People are weird about numbers and costs. Will refuse to pay £10 for something as that's too much but happily pay £9.99.

Speak for yourself. I'm not interested unless it's less than £7.

Â