Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The random price gets people thinking and it sticks in their memories. 

People are weird about numbers and costs. Will refuse to pay £10 for something as that's too much but happily pay £9.99.

Yep and people are also more likely to believe that all of the £29.07 will go to the individual because of its so specific. 

When does actual physical writing stop as like a regular thing in schools for instance? When I was in primary school 100% of school work and homework was written. My sons in primary schools now, I'd say half of the work is online half written. Is it that in 30 years everything is on line, or will writing with a pen always exist?

• Like 1

I've almost lost the ability to write! It has been keyboard usage for me, since I left school. 

I had to witness some legal docs today at work. Write your name and address etc. Like a child had written it! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I've almost lost the ability to write! It has been keyboard usage for me, since I left school. 

I had to witness some legal docs today at work. Write your name and address etc. Like a child had written it! 

I bet you stuck your tongue out of the corner of your mouth as you said :

Ah...lu eh...ex...😉

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I bet you stuck your tongue out of the corner of your mouth as you said :

Ah...lu eh...ex...😉

Least I got to use my favourite crayon. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

Same here - I use a pen maybe once every few weeks, at most, and it bloody hurts if I'm writing anything more than a quick scrawl, I'm completely conditioned out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've also found my hand has weakened. Forefinger starts to ache if I have to write more than a quick note.  Muscle memory for holding a pen has gone. 

Fortunately not affecting masturbation so far. 

15 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Does North Korea have any international teams ? I cant recall watching them play any sport on TV ?

They were in a previous world cup (2010 I think)

22 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

You have jogged my memory .I remember that now you mentioned it.They are not on the world stage a lot though,are they.

They famously qualified from the groups of the 1966 World Cup, knocking Italy out in the process (beat them in the final group game). 

And they were 3-0 up in the quarter final but eventually lost 5-3 to Portugal 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They famously qualified from the groups of the 1966 World Cup, knocking Italy out in the process (beat them in the final group game). 

And they were 3-0 up in the quarter final but eventually lost 5-3 to Portugal 

I remember Portugal struggling to get a win ( I cant remember who against ) then they bought Eusebio on and he won the game for them.I remember Rattan ( Argentina captain ) getting sent off.The 1966 WC was a fantastic WC.

• 3 weeks later...
Â