Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder why many american radio stations start with the letter W as part of their abbreviation - and does it stand for "world" ?

I was well disappointed to find out there actually wasn't a WKRP in cincinnati.....or anywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I wonder why many american radio stations start with the letter W as part of their abbreviation - and does it stand for "world" ?

I was well disappointed to find out there actually wasn't a WKRP in cincinnati.....or anywhere else. 

Guardian Notes and Queries

Screenshot_2021-12-14-15-41-02-46_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Thanks 1

Are there a lot less posts on VT recently or have I just had a LOT more time to read it? 

I never used to be able to get close to keeping up with content but lately most threads (I'm interested in) I'm up to date on.

It may be I'm sending a lot more time reading than I used too because of Rona but I get the impression there are less posts? 

• Like 1

Actually I've just thought I spend a lot lot less time on topic, that may be it. 

Outside of pre and post match threads I rarely venture in whereas I probably spent a lot more if not the majority of my time in there before. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Actually I've just thought I spend a lot lot less time on topic, that may be it. 

Outside of pre and post match threads I rarely venture in whereas I probably spent a lot more if not the majority of my time in there before. 

Struggling to motivate myself to read anything in On Topic. Half the threads are just a reheat of very stale arguments (can Dougie play DM, does Mings make too many mistakes) featuring the same handful of posters.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2021 at 06:27, TheAuthority said:

Does anyone actually look at each others profiles on VT?

Only time every gone to someones is by clicking on it by mistake.

I usually do it when I’m trying to remember how to ignore a user

Or to send a top secret DM about D***y I**s to T* B****y.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't even bother with pre-match threads anymore. I'm in the match thread around 50% of the time.

Other football is ok - looking out for a Keenan typo is a fun VT sport. Other football has less militants than on topic but there are some lurkers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't even bother with pre-match threads anymore. I'm in the match thread around 50% of the time.

Other football is ok - looking out for a Keenan typo is a fun VT sport. Other football has less militants than on topic but there are some lurkers.

Yeah, I reckon I probably spend more time in other football than than on topic these days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Forks in time

What is the one moment in my life where if it had gone differently, the whole of the rest of my life would have been the most different

Well according to some theoretical physicists, the timelines are splitting every nanosecond, but I take your point. Had I not moved from Brum to Leeds in 1972, and my missus from Exeter to Leeds (via Reading and York) in 1981, we would never have met. Or would we? Perhaps we might still have met on a train somewhere, and everything would have turned out much the same. Or alternatively, had I chosen a different T shirt one day in my teens, it might have triggered some unforseeable consequences that led to the destruction of the entire planet. Chaos theory, innit? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Well according to some theoretical physicists, the timelines are splitting every nanosecond, but I take your point. Had I not moved from Brum to Leeds in 1972, and my missus from Exeter to Leeds (via Reading and York) in 1981, we would never have met. Or would we? Perhaps we might still have met on a train somewhere, and everything would have turned out much the same. Or alternatively, had I chosen a different T shirt one day in my teens, it might have triggered some unforseeable consequences that led to the destruction of the entire planet. Chaos theory, innit? 

I've thought of this.  Yes, surely any deviation which stops you meeting your spouse would be a major tipping point. 

I met my wife at work.  She had already been offered a different job in a different industry and was about to accept it, but changed her mind last minute when my companies offer came in. 

I would (almost certainly) never have met her, neither of my kids would be born. 

Similarly her mother had actually emigrated to Australia as a young child but her parents changed their mind and moved back to the UK. 

• Like 1

I have always thought of this. If you wasn't at that particular point in time you would not have met your wife, partner. I remember in my 20's meeting a girl in a club I was literally dragged there at 11pm one night by my pals, cause I was driving and they wanted me to drive. 6 years l was with her for, by chance.

44 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

If I hadn't met my mate from work when I was 17 he wouldn't have introduced me to the woman who is now my wife. I will always hold that against him. 

You're already a sad sack of a man, unable to put up a simple shelf, lover of shit music and a bald and generally absolutely detestable forum dweller of a human..

I'd be thankful of her if I were you, poppit x 

😇😉

• Haha 1

Â