Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As others above I’d report it to the police. I wouldn’t really want to get mixed up in it, and I have no one I could sell it to. 

Well, actually it sounds like I could sell some to you Ruge :mrgreen: But I wouldn’t have the faintest idea how much to charge, mate’s rates or otherwise.

Now I often wonder about what I’d do if I found a big bag of money in the middle of nowhere. Would I reward myself a “finders fee” and take a little off the top? I really don’t know. It would depend on how much there is. Or if the bag had blood on it for instance, I might think twice.

If I found a big bag full of notes I’d keep it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have sat on a beach (Ireland, somewhere around about Fethard on Sea), watching police divers retrieving a haul of cocaine.

Quite surreal, sat there with the family, with a picnic, in and out of the water with the kids whilst a short swim off shore was a great big dinghy full of divers and a little dinghy transporting finds to the police van in the car park.

Having seen what absolute arseholes cocaine makes of users, I really wouldn’t need to be making myself more of an arse than I already am.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What would you do if you was having a nice quiet walk on the beach one morning and you found kilos and kilos of washed up cocaine packages. No one about either . What would YOU do? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Although I’m not really a fan of the drink itself, if I found myself in a “Whisky Galore!” situation with the local community, I’d like to think I’d help out in the inevitable, gently humorous battle of wits against customs and excise. 

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

depends on your definition of play, he makes noises out of them every f***ing day but only a proportion of the notes he plays are the correct ones, sometimes and I mean sometimes you get a semblance of which tune he's attempting to play.

The sounds of cats shagging is more pleasant

Well it sounds to me like he's actually quite an accomplished bagpipe player. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’d only have some myself to make sure it’s perfectly safe to pass on to whoever, for a small profit of course . Safety first is a must .

I thought you'd learned your lesson? 

I'd hand it in. No use to me whatsoever. 

Big bag of coke? Yeah i'd call the old bill. Same if it was a bag of pills or a bag of guns. I've got no sales route for it! 

Bag of money though? Hmmmm...

The last 10 Christmas number 1's 

I'm wondering if I have heard a second of any of the songs - I genuinely don't think I have. Maybe the Sheeran song in the background somewhere. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm wondering if I have heard a second of any of the songs - I genuinely don't think I have. Maybe the Sheeran song in the background somewhere. 

Never even heard of the last 3 artists, or 4 if you count NHS choir although it’s self explanatory.

Oh hang on, just recalled that Hey Now guy no I realise how it’s pronounced.

Edited by fightoffyour

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

i thought Captain Tom was Christmas number 1 last year but shows how much attention I pay to the charts.

I heard of ladbaby purely as I did some product testing on a sausage roll flavour crisp that came out on the back of his popularity…

I used to sing “ we built this city on sausages rolls “ and “ Bart likes sausage rolls “ (Bart was the cat)  to my kids when they were little … I hope to god other parents did this as well and I didn’t “make them up” , cause the notion that someone got to number one with these would really piss me off !!

I know “Rockabye” by Clean Bandit. It was a kinda accidental Christmas number 1 in that it had topped the charts for the previous 5 or 6 weeks and just carried on through for the festive period. 

I don’t much care for it, but I’d be willing to bet it’s a magnum opus compared to the others on that list.

• Like 1

It shows there are just no decent Christmas songs made anymore. 

They tend to be just cover versions of classics, usually with a singer doing some completely necessary vocal scales that ruin it. 

Or something way too dance oriented and not Christmas orientated enough. 

Or something just complete dull usually with a singer doing some completely necessary vocal scales that ruin it.  

The skill of making a song that's Christmassy enough, got broad appeal across generations, is original and just catchy and entertaining seems to have completely disappeared. 

For me a hell of a lot of it (for most music,  not just Christmas) is the obsession with a singer doing some completely necessary vocal scales that ruin it.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â