Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I've often wondered what a 'lapal' was and why @lapal_fan was such a fan of them. A quick Google this morning and it makes alot more sense than I thought. 

Which takes me onto people's usernames, and the meanings. Is @Genie really a genie? Is @snowychap really snowy? Does @Paddywhack really like to whack Paddy's? 

Mine is my initials with villa after it. I was at the height of my creativity when I created My villatalk profile.

Mines pretty boring really, paddywhack was one of my name suggestions for a new band I was in when I signed up to VT. 

It was only afterwards I found out paddywhack is a ligament in a cows neck which people give their dogs to chew on. ‘Knick knack, paddywhack, give a dog a bone’.

I think this is the only place I use that username.

10 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I've often wondered what a 'lapal' was and why @lapal_fan was such a fan of them. A quick Google this morning and it makes alot more sense than I thought. 

Which takes me onto people's usernames, and the meanings. Is @Genie really a genie? Is @snowychap really snowy? Does @Paddywhack really like to whack Paddy's? 

Mine is my initials with villa after it. I was at the height of my creativity when I created My villatalk profile.

So tell me, what is a lapal?

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

So tell me, what is a lapal?

Google informed me, and using my extreme powers of deduction (the first thing that came up made sense), lapal is a residential area of Halesowen. Using my new found knowledge, I'd take a guess you are a fan from or living in lapal as opposed to a fan of lapals. Unless you really like residential areas of Halesowen and are actually from somewhere completely different?

Or, I'm completely wrong and @bickster is closer to the truth.

19 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Mines pretty boring really, paddywhack was one of my name suggestions for a new band I was in when I signed up to VT. 

It was only afterwards I found out paddywhack is a ligament in a cows neck which people give their dogs to chew on. ‘Knick knack, paddywhack, give a dog a bone’.

I think this is the only place I use that username.

Well, I've completely learnt something new here. 

45 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Google informed me, and using my extreme powers of deduction (the first thing that came up made sense), lapal is a residential area of Halesowen. Using my new found knowledge, I'd take a guess you are a fan from or living in lapal as opposed to a fan of lapals. Unless you really like residential areas of Halesowen and are actually from somewhere completely different?

I think one of us is correct literally and the other figuratively

The cord on my electric razor is too long so I coil it up with the razor and put it away in the cupboard.Why is it that every morning,when I go to get my shaver out the cord is all tangled up ? And not just tangled but to untangle it I have to thread the shaver in and around and all over.How the hell does the cord do that while it is lying in the copboard all night?! 

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

The cord on my electric razor is too long so I coil it up with the razor and put it away in the cupboard.Why is it that every morning,when I go to get my shaver out the cord is all tangled up ? And not just tangled but to untangle it I have to thread the shaver in and around and all over.How the hell does the cord do that while it is lying in the copboard all night?! 

It's one of the Immutable Laws of the Universe: any wire, cable, rope, string, etc. when at rest will always become entangled. 

The fairies do it. 

5 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

I used to play for a football team called lapal colts, from age 5-16 from 1993.

Good days 😊

On 21/06/2020 at 01:46, Mjvilla said:

Nah, he just really likes suit coats like this and doesn't know how to spell:

spacer.png

How has my brain retained the first three mobile phone numbers I ever had? The fourth one, my current one, I've had for 18 years. 

I can recall my first three phone numbers without a second thought. 

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

How has my brain retained the first three mobile phone numbers I ever had? The fourth one, my current one, I've had for 18 years. 

I can recall my first three phone numbers without a second thought. 

I can still remember our old land line number from when I was a kid. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I can still remember our old land line number from when I was a kid. 

Same. 

People generally answered the phone back then by reciting the last 4 digits of the phone number. I guess this was when people had to manually dial a number. 

• Like 1

Â