Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

wasnt hughes agent on sky sports saying hughes wants the chelsea job?

and john terry was saying hghes is respected and would be welcome a the club?

i know i just woke up but im sure 45 mins ago that is what was on the screen?

i hope so because it would mean chelsea going down wards and us not getting him

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's everybody got against Mclaren? You sound like sheep. There are better candidates on the list but there's also worse (Martinez -what's he done ffs?)

Are you aware Mcalren won the league with FC Twente ahead of Ajax (who have huge resources) who were managed by Martin Jol!! 'Boro were a decent team under him they have been in terminal decline since he has left. Ok he messed up with England but we all know England are rubbish.

It's about who would be the best manager of the club not who you'd want as your mate or who you find the most aesthetically pleasing.

The powers that be are right not to listen to fans when making the decision.

People also forget he did a shite job at wolfsburg, so he's done just about average in the PL, done well in the dutch league (because thats impressive :winkold: ) and crap in the bundesliga and at int'l level.

What a marvellous c.v he has.

People also forget he did a shite job at wolfsburg, so he's done just about average in the PL, done well in the dutch league (because thats impressive :winkold: ) and crap in the bundesliga and at int'l level.

What a marvellous c.v he has.

I don't want him as manager but he's a lot better then what people say.

He's won a League Cup.

Got to the final of the UEFA Cup albeit thrashed by an excellent Sevilla side.

Won the Dutch title without managing one of their league giants.

Oh and Boro have done well since he left them... :D

He's had his real low points though, England was a total cockup and some of the performances Middlesbrough put in, particular against us was embarrassing.

Not keen on McLaren.. but I think he'd probably do a reasonable job. Lot more experience under his belt these days, and undeniably a decent coach.

If the players didn't like Houlliers methods as they were too strict, Van Gaal will be even worse...

**** the players. If van Gaal didnt get his way they'd be off. I'd like to see van Gaal at Villa. Football wise it would be like a blank sheet of paper for him and at 59 he may like to do the Premier League before he retires....who knows.

Van Gaal would be great for us. He managed at Ajax and everyone knows what their academy does for Dutch football. He would have learnt and projected the "total football" style that the likes of Barcelona and Arsenal entertain us all with so much.

He has had two stints at Barca including having Mourinho has his number two. I am guessing that Mourinho would have learned quite a lot from Van Gaal during that time.

He took AZ Alkmaar from obscurity to win the Dutch league and on into the Champions League and he also took Bayern to the final of the CL last season, as well as winning the German championship with them.

Van Gaal's teams play attacking style football and he develops youth too, which is what we need from a new manager as have a lot of decent talent on our books. I really do think it would be a perfect partnership and that he would be the man to make us successful again.

Anyone suggested Quique Sánchez Flores?

Young, talented manager who could build a legacy with us, plays attractive football and currently unattached.

Basically a better version of Martínez as he's actually proved himself. Would be ambitious, but ticks all the boxes for me.

Anyone suggested Quique Sánchez Flores?

Young, talented manager who could build a legacy with us, plays attractive football and currently unattached.

Basically a better version of Martínez as he's actually proved himself. Would be ambitious, but ticks all the boxes for me.

I mentioned this a while ago and naturally the press linked him to us before Houllier was dismissed. Good manager, but had a shocking season at Ath Madrid. Could be worth an enquiry.