Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Oh my goddd when is something gonna happen!!! So annoyed at looking at our news and seeing nothing new!
Same. If Ancelotti isn't gonna come, I want to know soon so I can be put out of my misery. If he is gonna come to us, then hurry up. :P

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my goddd when is something gonna happen!!! So annoyed at looking at our news and seeing nothing new!
Same. If Ancelotti isn't gonna come, I want to know soon so I can be put out of my misery. If he is gonna come to us, then hurry up. :P

Patience!!

Apparently:

Rijkaard wants to be considered but won't.

Ancelotti has until monday to decide.

Jol and Benitez will be considers if Ancelotti says no.

Saying that I reckon Hughes will be in, especially if we sign anyone before appointing a new manager.

god, you lot are so impatient.

its only been about 12 working hours since Houllier left the club.

now its the weekend, people are BBQ'ing or chilling or spending time with family.

Give them a couple of weeks at the very least, before getting impatient.

Apparently:

Saying that I reckon Hughes will be in, especially if we sign anyone before appointing a new manager.

Is that just your assumption...no source.

Its interesting for me, in as much as AVFC for any confident young manager represents a great opportunity to make your name in Europe( in time) and the chances are you will be given the time to do it.

For those just looking for a meal ticket, I can understand their indecision.

Apparently:

Is that just your assumption...no source.

Paper talk.

god, you lot are so impatient.

its only been about 12 working hours since Houllier left the club.

now its the weekend, people are BBQ'ing or chilling or spending time with family.

Give them a couple of weeks at the very least, before getting impatient.

I was Partly joking - not really that annoyed

Though saying that I really want atleast a manager in ASAP - then I'm not that fussed on how long it takes to do some shopping. My expectations based on last summer, I'm not expecting a flurry of activity though I hope I'm very wrong.

Benitez, Ancelotti, Hughes, Jol, Moyes please :) (no particular order there)

I could turn round now and say that Fabio Capello has told Ashley Young, Bent, and Downing on international duty that he has been asked by Randy if he wants to take the Villa job on a rolling 12 month contract and I'm sure some ridiculous media source would pick it up and go with it. (Talksport, Daily Sport and The Mirror being the likely front runners)...Anything to fill a page!!

Some of the managers who have had a spot of success, but have had many clubs become board room battle weary.

We want a manager on the way up ...... not on the way down.

People also forget he did a shite job at wolfsburg, so he's done just about average in the PL, done well in the dutch league (because thats impressive :winkold: ) and crap in the bundesliga and at int'l level.

What a marvellous c.v he has.

It's not impressive if you're managing Ajax (or PSV) - Martin Jol

It is impressive if you're managing FC Twente - Steve McClaren

McClaren beat Jol to the Dutch title with a much smaller club.

You gotta give credit where credit is due.

ive looked at mclarens career record and it still hasnt convinced me at all he should be our manager. he got middlesbough to a high of 7th 1 season, apart from that bottom half of the table.won the league cup and beat bolton. not a very hard challenge.poor

england 50% win record which is good but it should be england were 7th in the world at the time but didnt get england to qualify for the euros for the first time in 14 years.poor

then at twente people say he beat ajax and the rest but since 2006 they have always been top 4 anyway so it was never going to take much to win the league. alot bigger challenge to get villa in CL

then failed at wolfsburg.simple as that

NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR AVFC

People also forget he did a shite job at wolfsburg, so he's done just about average in the PL, done well in the dutch league (because thats impressive :winkold: ) and crap in the bundesliga and at int'l level.

hahaha...that way very good.

Yeaaa I would be slightly angry if we got Mclaren. Lost all respect and credibility when he did the impossible - and got England to not qualify for the Euros. Wtf was that about....

Just had a nap... had a dream of Rafa Benitez ... i can promise that has never happened to me before. I dont usually dream. I think it was a premonition. He was talking about Downing signing for a big club like Liverpool was too hard to stop.

:puke: