Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Nobody remember a villaboro fan running on the pitch when he was manager and throwing their season ticket at him?

I invisage there would be an entire stadium worth of season tickets thrown at him every home game should he become manager of villa.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say Wolfsburg were being completely asset stripped when McClaren was appointed - they got both Arne Friedrich and Simon Kjær last summer as well as a certain Diego.

His record is just poor if you discount his spell at Twente.

I wouldn't say Wolfsburg were being completely asset stripped when McClaren was appointed - they got both Arne Friedrich and Simon Kjær last summer as well as a certain Diego.

His record is just poor if you discount his spell at Twente.

he did alright at boro

Nobody remember a villaboro fan running on the pitch when he was manager and throwing their season ticket at him?

I invisage there would be an entire stadium worth of season tickets thrown at him every home game should he become manager of villa.

lol

yes that is one first few images that springs to mind when McClaren is mentioned.

He did ok at Boro - winning a league cup was good and did have a good Euro run but at times Boro were **** awful under McClaren and he was fairly heavily backed back then which think ppl forget .

And whilst England job is seem a poison challice by many to manage to not qualify from that group for Euro 2008 was **** woeful .

Anyone remember his Italian striker signing, Mendietta. You could say he had a part to play in crippling that club!

He was a midfielder ? no?

Completely forgot about him - he was brilliant at Valencia (was it?) circa 2001ish. Absolute shite in England.

EDIT - you're on about Maccarone?

He was woeful (bar a few European games)

If Ancelotti wouldn't come I'd be pretty open to Martinez. He'd be a good candidate for continuing to build the passing revolution at Villa Park that Houllier started. Once you've improved the players' technique and got them used to passing and moving it would be nicely set up for someone like Martinez to take them further.

+1

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

There's so much #avfc anti-McClaren feeling lately, my baby daughter refuses to go in her buggy and my dad's stopped watching Formula 1!

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

I get the impression most fans would prefer the chap who celebrated with Dalian/Deano at Wimbledon to remain #avfc most famous brolley bloke

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Former England boss and Villa royalty Graham Taylor has been talking up Steve McClaren's credentials for #avfc job recently.

If Ancelotti wouldn't come I'd be pretty open to Martinez. He'd be a good candidate for continuing to build the passing revolution at Villa Park that Houllier started. Once you've improved the players' technique and got them used to passing and moving it would be nicely set up for someone like Martinez to take them further.

+1

What is there about Martinez's two 16th place finishes at Wigan that makes you think he could take us further?

I think it's becoming more likely now we are waiting for Ancelotti to say yes or no. He did say that he wanted to stay in England to manage as he was happy here and he is obviously one of the best managers currently available. I can't see if he is truly happy where else he would get a good job in England apart from Villa, he would have backing financially and has some cracking players to work with. I think the board will have drawn up a list of managers with Ancelotti heading that. I hope if he doesnt want it, Lerner has some other targets higher up i.e. Moyes/Jol.

I'm sure it will be an exciting next few days.

if its mcclaren i will not be happy with lerner and the board

that would be an unacceptable appointment. give ancelotti until unday night to amke a decision if he says no lets go for jol

The club seem to take alot of advice from Graham Taylor..

Do they? Such as?

I heard he was spoken to after the MON departure. Not sure if he recommended Houllier or not..But I do remember his name popping up at the time.

Something like,the club have taken alot of advice from different advisers..Graham Taylor's name was mentioned..