Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Has anyone mentioned Louis Van Gaal on here?

He's out of work so would cost no compo and he has the kind of footballing philosophy that we are looking for! He brought a lot of the youth team players through at Bayern, got them to the CL final and likes to play attacking football. Remember that this is the guy who had Mourinho has his number two when at Barca!

I would love us to go for him rather than Ancelotti if I am honest. I just think that CA works better when only coaching and not buying the players. He also didn't appear to develop much from the youth set up at AC Milan, where most of his players were older than me! I think our youth system would develop better and be put to much better use by the likes of a Van Gaal or Moyes.

I think no one really knows who will come.

But why are we always thinking of british manager or someone who has already manage english team?

If we are really in big league, trying to get Ancelotti.

Yes, why not Louis Van Gaal. Van Gaal would be good for Villa.

Ottmar Hitzfeld. Highly qualified. Has manage to be Bayern Munchen manager. (n.b. Beckenbauer and Höness are part of the club.) :)

Egil Olsen. Ok not one of the big names, but would be interesting. Has shown good result. Tactical manager.

Lothar Matthaus. As player great, has shown he is a leader. Maybe not experience enough as manager.

Otto Rehhagel. He is old, but what a name. He has all the skills we need. I would become a season ticket fan.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why are we always thinking of british manager or someone who has already manage english team?

Ottmar Hitzfeld. Highly qualified. Has manage to be Bayern Munchen manager. (n.b. Beckenbauer and Höness are part of the club.) :)

Egil Olsen. Ok not one of the big names, but would be interesting. Has shown good result. Tactical manager.

Lothar Matthaus. As player great, has shown he is a leader. Maybe not experience enough as manager.

Otto Rehhagel. He is old, but what a name. He has all the skills we need. I would become a season ticket fan.

Olsen and Rehhagel are both very old school and would be ridiculous choices. There is no way they are in the thoughts of Randy.

I remember Jurgen Klinsmann was in the running to replace MON and I was quite excited at the prospect as he promised an "attacking football philosophy", would anyone want him as our manager?

If the players didn't like Houlliers methods as they were too strict, Van Gaal will be even worse...

**** the players. If van Gaal didnt get his way they'd be off. I'd like to see van Gaal at Villa. Football wise it would be like a blank sheet of paper for him and at 59 he may like to do the Premier League before he retires....who knows.

Has anyone mentioned Louis Van Gaal on here?

He's out of work so would cost no compo and he has the kind of footballing philosophy that we are looking for! He brought a lot of the youth team players through at Bayern, got them to the CL final and likes to play attacking football. Remember that this is the guy who had Mourinho has his number two when at Barca!

I would love us to go for him rather than Ancelotti if I am honest. I just think that CA works better when only coaching and not buying the players. He also didn't appear to develop much from the youth set up at AC Milan, where most of his players were older than me! I think our youth system would develop better and be put to much better use by the likes of a Van Gaal or Moyes.

Some of these names I find to be highly overrated, remember we don't have the funds nor the existing playing personnel of say a Chelsea or a Real Madrid.

Gus Poyet was with Paul Faulkner in Hams Hall at 12.30 yesterday afternoon he was with 3 over suited and booted guys.... Anybody think he will have an assistant manger role ????

How do you know that? Did you witness it?

I've been told that Faulkner is Poyets cousin...Just a family lunch I believe.

I did witness it.....i went because i had a strong rumour ANCELOTTI was there i waited 35mins and poyet of all people was laughing with faulkner

i think he may have a ass mgr role?? maybe ANCELOTTI's number two?

I remember Jurgen Klinsmann was in the running to replace MON and I was quite excited at the prospect as he promised an "attacking football philosophy", would anyone want him as our manager?

He could give Young some tips to improve his diving.

Gus Poyet was with Paul Faulkner in Hams Hall at 12.30 yesterday afternoon he was with 3 over suited and booted guys.... Anybody think he will have an assistant manger role ????

How do you know that? Did you witness it?

I've been told that Faulkner is Poyets cousin...Just a family lunch I believe.

I did witness it.....i went because i had a strong rumour ANCELOTTI was there i waited 35mins and poyet of all people was laughing with faulkner

i think he may have a ass mgr role?? maybe ANCELOTTI's number two?

Interesting. Who knows. All speculation. We shall find out in 7-10 days no doubt.

I can't' see Poyet becoming an asst manager , He is doing well at Brighton as Manager having led them to Promotion and now moving into a new ground aswell.

His next move is likely to be as a Manager/Number 1 elsewhere.

However if he were to come along with Ancelotti it would be good.

I can't' see Poyet becoming an asst manager , He is doing well at Brighton as Manager having led them to Promotion and now moving into a new ground aswell.

His next move is likely to be as a Manager/Number 1 elsewhere.

However if he were to come along with Ancelotti it would be good.

Brighton Vs Villa????

Money to spend, and the chance of competing for a CL place?

To work alongside someone like Jol or Ancelottii???

Im not sure mate, i think the above is an exciting proposition :winkold: