Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Thing thing about CA is he comes across very laid back maybe to laid back for the task at hand. You can imagine an excitable Houllier in an interview with his enthusiasm and vision. Remember development of the youth system is part of the criteria does he have experience of that? Houllier definitely did/has.

Rafa Benitez would still be a coup for us. His last job was managing the current European Champions! He won the Champions League at Liverpool and won the league with Valencia.

However there's a few things I can't get my head around. He wanted Barry instead of Alonso. Why? :!: He also paid 20 million for Aquilani :!: Liverpool are facing a massive loss on him. I also read today Jovanovic is on 120k a week !! :!:

Don't forget buying Robbie Keane for a bloody fortune, not playing him and then selling him back to Spurs for a huge loss.

Single handedly fu*king up their youth system by completely ignoring any of the young players and spending a fortune on average players from abroad.

And to really top it off he spilt the dish of garlic king prawns that he was serving me, right into my lap on a night out at the local tapas bar last week. The fat twa*!!!

Anyway, after the shady way Benitez went about his business throughout the 'never to be' Barry transfer, I have no time for the man and certainly don't trust him. He'd sell Villa down the river quicker than he did his beloved Liverpool.

NOT at our club please Randy, nor that clown mclaren with his ridiculous dutch accent, his family must be so embarrassed or do they all speak like him now???.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing thing about CA is he comes across very laid back maybe to laid back for the task at hand. You can imagine an excitable Houllier in an interview with his enthusiasm and vision. Remember development of the youth system is part of the criteria does he have experience of that? Houllier definitely did/has.

Rafa Benitez would still be a coup for us. His last job was managing the current European Champions! He won the Champions League at Liverpool and won the league with Valencia.

However there's a few things I can't get my head around. He wanted Barry instead of Alonso. Why? :!: He also paid 20 million for Aquilani :!: Liverpool are facing a massive loss on him. I also read today Jovanovic is on 120k a week !! :!:

Don't forget buying Robbie Keane for a bloody fortune, not playing him and then selling him back to Spurs for a huge loss.

Single handedly fu*king up their youth system by completely ignoring any of the young players and spending a fortune on average players from abroad.

And to really top it off he spilt the dish of garlic king prawns that he was serving me, right into my lap on a night out at the local tapas bar last week. The fat twa*!!!

Anyway, after the shady way Benitez went about his business throughout the 'never to be' Barry transfer, I have no time for the man and certainly don't trust him. He'd sell Villa down the river quicker than he did his beloved Liverpool.

NOT at our club please Randy, nor that clown mclaren with his ridiculous dutch accent, his family must be so embarrassed or do they all speak like him now???.

What a load of bollocks.

Apart from the Barry thing.

Hughes has gotta come here. Is there any reason he wud leave fulham otherwise!

How about to take up the vacant managers job at Everton, when Moyes leaves and moves to Villa.

Hughes left Fulham what a week ago? It will take Villa at least another week to announce Moyes as Houlliers replacement, and then Everton could delay announcing their new manager for a couple of weeks until Hughes' 'month long' sit-out was over, thus enabling him to take up the post at Everton...Hmm, there could be something in that...

A new era has emerged with these football club forums, they're starting to have an affect on the decisions being made at the top levels. I really do think that Randy takess H&V and VT into consideration, it's one of the only ways he will get a direct idea of what the fans want, as far as a manager is concerned, at this time. I sincerely think he will do the right thing and try and get Ancelotti.

It's a fine line. I believe Randy wants a top-notch person of Ancelotti's ilk but many of those types, even if available, may be waiting on seeing if anything better comes up. How long does Randy wait around for someone like Ancelotti to make his mind up? I think the 48hr thing sounds realistic. We can't afford to be sitting by the phone waiting for an answer while other good candidates head off to other clubs.

its just stupid to say that mcclaren is a serious candidate, cause the board would never dare to appoint a manager that absollutley no supporter would stand behind

You're describing a board with no gumption. I'm sorry, but why should it matter what the fans think when assessing and appointing a manager? Why should the board do anything other than proceed with their due diligence, weighing up the candidates with their only consideration being what is best for the football team? I'm not endorsing McClaren, by the way, but, as I've just said, it doesn't matter if I am.

A new era has emerged with these football club forums, they're starting to have an affect on the decisions being made at the top levels. I really do think that Randy takess H&V and VT into consideration, it's one of the only ways he will get a direct idea of what the fans want, as far as a manager is concerned, at this time. I sincerely think he will do the right thing and try and get Ancelotti.

this is a reasonable point, in this day and age of 'open forums etc' - however, Randy is running a business , and although he will probably keep an eye/ear out for what the punters want, ultimately, I assume that he will make a decision based on footballing as well as business reasons and what he believes to be in the best interests of AVFC.

After all, many businessmen make decisions that may not be universally popular, but do tend to serve the company in the long run - although there are plenty of examples where this may not be the case, I expect!

Maybe we should run polls on players that we want in every department, and then Randy and his team will go all out to get them! :winkold:

(BTW, Randy, if you are reading this, please call Carlo and get him started at VP ASAP!! :lol: )

Just listening to Kia Joorabchin's interview with Sky. "We'll just have to see what offers Mark has on the first of July." I wonder whether Hughes has been promised the Villa job and couldn't be bothered to hang around at Fulham, making plans for their pre-season knowing it wouldn't be him following it all up. He's done them a bit of a favour really. Equally, from Villa's point of view, if he is their first choice, we have no compo to pay, no negotiations with Fulham about his release, potentially delaying the move until after the players report back for pre-season. It might all seem a bit odd, due to the timing but I think Hughes is an intelligent guy who knows exactly what he's doing.

Hughes has not been promised the Villa job! He took a risk to force Villa's hand and it didn't work.

...appears not to have worked at this time.

its not like we have appointed anyone else yet though is it?

New manager likely to be appointed at the end of next week or the start of the following week. Mat Kendrick Twitter.

and that proves that we wont have hughes???

it might be just while we sort things out with fulham to allow us to approach/appoint him before july.

not saying it IS the case, just saying that you cant say anything with any certainty.

New manager likely to be appointed at the end of next week or the start of the following week. Mat Kendrick Twitter.

That would appear to make sense, these things take time with interviews,release clauses, contracts being drawn up etc.