dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, HallGreenVillan said:

Maybe I've missed something, and I know he can call himself whatever he wants, but when did Dele Alli lose his surname? According to sky they have 'special guest Dele', has he checked down the back of the sofa? that's where I tend to find things I lose.

He dropped it because he felt he had no connection to his father's family. His father left when he was young.

Crazy that even after tonights pasting they still have the 4th best defensive record in the league, Only City, Arsenal & Liverpool have conceeded fewer goals. They just don't put the ball in the net enough at the other end, having failed to score in 13 of their games this season & it is that more than anything else that is hurting them.

Edited by LakotaDakota

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dyche must be getting closer to the sack after tonight, starting both Young and Coleman was kamikaze

Must be the oldest full back pairing ever in the league? Combined age of about 77?

I think they're completely f****d.

What they need is a complete reset. The likes of Coleman, Young, Pickford, Doucoure, Onana, Calvert-Lewin, Dele, Gomes, Tarkowski, Keane and Gueye must be on at least 60k+ a week.

But they can't afford a complete reset as they don't have the funds for it, nor do their prospective owners. 

22 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Football Insider saying they're after Dendoncker if they stay up, so they're **** either way.

If they stay up, Dendoncker could be a decent signing for them. He’s lower mid table PL level. As long as they don give him extraordinary wages.

3 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

I think they're completely f****d.

What they need is a complete reset. The likes of Coleman, Young, Pickford, Doucoure, Onana, Calvert-Lewin, Dele, Gomes, Tarkowski, Keane and Gueye must be on at least 60k+ a week.

But they can't afford a complete reset as they don't have the funds for it, nor do their prospective owners. 

They outpaid us for Tarkowski when the clown was in charge when we were throwing out stupid contracts

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They outpaid us for Tarkowski when the clown was in charge when we were throwing out stupid contracts

I believe the wage bill for playing staff is just over £80 million a year. 😂

15 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Their downfall is very reminiscent of ours 10 years ago. If they survive they should be very wary of a Sherwood/Garde season.

That should've been last season when they went on the epic mid season losing run but sacked Lampard just in time and got in Dyche who got the wins needed. We had opportunity in 15/16 to get rid of Sherwood after losing to West Brom at home but dithered and then Big Sam went to Sunderland and kept them up from a similar position.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AXD said:

If they stay up, Dendoncker could be a decent signing for them. He’s lower mid table PL level. As long as they don give him extraordinary wages.

They can give him one million pounds a week for all I care 😂

On 16/04/2024 at 06:58, VillaAlex said:

Their downfall is very reminiscent of ours 10 years ago. If they survive they should be very wary of a Sherwood/Garde season.

It seems like the 777 takeover could be the only thing that would stop them falling into administration, but looking at the other clubs they've acquired, that could end up being an even worse situation than Everton find themselves in currently with Moshiri. 777 have no money of their own (have leveraged the value of the assets they've bought to get further and further into debt far as I can tell) and are having to get an extension on a loan of money owed to other parties connected to Everton in order to even be able to fund the purchase of the club. IF the deal goes through and they stay up, I can still see Everton either going into administration v. quickly or the new owners will have to sell the stadium to generate funds (which is really the only good thing that the club potentially has going for it, assuming they can afford to finish building it). A complete and total mess and I'm so glad we got the owners that we did rather than a clueless puppet who was really just a front for a shady oligarch.

Edited by oishiiniku_uk

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Confirming safety with three games to spare is certainly an achievement considering they had a very poor start (4 points from their first 7 games) and then lost an extra eight shortly afterwards.

It is a good achievement but they are an incredibly bad team so I think as much as anything it shows how poor the bottom of the league has been this year 

• Like 1

Just now, punkiller1981 said:

It is a good achievement but they are an incredibly bad team so I think as much as anything it shows how poor the bottom of the league has been this year 

They're similar to Palace. Go on long winless runs and hardly scoring and then suddenly reel off four wins out of five just when everyone starts writing them off.

Said it on Wednesday but Goodison is always a huge advantage in the run in for them. Won three home games all season up to April and now won four on the spin without even conceding a goal.

Don't they have the fourth best defence in the league or something daft? Conceded two fewer than we have.

Need to keep Branthwaite at all costs this summer and just sell Onana instead to meet the latest FFP requirements.

Â