dudevillaisnice

58 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Wouldn't shock me if Everton went for Howe tbh. 

howe is linked with them every time they need a manager because i think he once said he supported them as a kid. think that would've already happened if it was ever going to

everton being everton and ideas well above their station i can see them going for conte

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Instablity at Chelsea yet CL winners.

Stablity such an overrated concept purely because of Wenger and Ferguson who both were exception to the rule.

Roman basically have proven that for almost 20 years.

As long as the people at board level and owners know what they are doing and have a clear plan you can chop and change managers and maintain success.

that's a very close minded view. there's no magic formula. instability for one club could have quite the opposite effect to what happened with chelsea. there are numerous examples of long serving managers continuing to do well, and the fact that klopp and pep are the 5th and 6th respectively longest serving managers in the country are another couple of examples where stability works

whos to say burnley won't fall to pieces if dyche left? or that palace won't be relegated next season now roy's gone?

i'd argue that everton's 10th place last season and no european football in 6 (i think?) years shows that something isn't working for them and that a period of stability is just what they need

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

that's a very close minded view. there's no magic formula. instability for one club could have quite the opposite effect to what happened with chelsea. there are numerous examples of long serving managers continuing to do well, and the fact that klopp and pep are the 5th and 6th respectively longest serving managers in the country are another couple of examples where stability works

whos to say burnley won't fall to pieces if dyche left? or that palace won't be relegated next season now roy's gone?

i'd argue that everton's 10th place last season and no european football in 6 (i think?) years shows that something isn't working for them and that a period of stability is just what they need

But why do you think Pep and Klopp gets time in the first place?

It's because their teams plays great football and gets results.

That time and patience has to be earned. Not just given in the name of consistency.

Everton's failing isn't because they don't give managers time it's because their board and owners doesn't seem to have any clear plan or strategy. They sign a bunch of older players on high wages with very little resell value, and are just generally a really poorly run club.

If you look at our board and owners in comparison it's day and night. We have a very clear plan and strategy. Everything is already in place to make the head coach and players blossom and succeed. Just by how we are run the head coach role is actually very easily replacable. Just like it is at Brentford.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

the difference at chelsea is look at their squad, look at the players loaned out

they arent reliant on shit central midfielders bought 3 managers ago, they bomb them off, Everton dont have that luxury 

The real difference is that Chelsea have spent over £2bn since Abramovich bought them. Don't need stability when you can blow every other team out of the water financially (bar Man City or PSG).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Everton could always try to get Gerrard

Come to say the same, have they got the balls to risk the humiliation of him saying no

That said would it be humiliation for the hand holders and friendly Derby lot anyway 

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

what a flame out by carlo. lost the dressing room so he cuts and runs.

Says it all about the dressing room if thats the case. He didnt lose Ronaldo, Shevchenkp, Maldini, Terry but Fabian Delph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

The real difference is that Chelsea have spent over £2bn since Abramovich bought them. Don't need stability when you can blow every other team out of the water financially (bar Man City or PSG).

In fairness have wasted anout half a billion since this owner came in. Just ran badly

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is going to Real Madrid 😂😂😂😂😂😂

so his 11th managerial appointment. yes hes won a lot of trophies but hes had the best jobs but failed at Everton a lesser club.  yes you can maker excuses for him! But he flopped. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

so his 11th managerial appointment. yes hes won a lot of trophies but hes had the best jobs but failed at Everton a lesser club.  yes you can maker excuses for him! But he flopped. 

Wouldn't say he failed or flop. Finished 2 places and 10 points higher than last season and they were likely to get better with more of his signings this summer.

• Like 1

Â