Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Let's look at goals per minute ratio then.

Darren Bent's for Fulham last season ranked him an impressive 98th in the Premier League.

Considerably behind the likes of Christian Benteke, Libor Kozak and even Grant Holt.

"but he played for the worst team in the league" I hear you cry.

Hugo Rodallega played for the same team and had almost double Bent's goals to minute ratio.

We should sign him instead!

• Like 3

It is like saying he played 7 games for Villa this season and focussing on that rather than looking at the reality that he played only 78 minutes in total across those 7 games. 

Yeah, but he only played 78 mins cos he's shite.

• Like 1

Even 3 goals in 14 games isn't a very good record.

Quite the opposite. If you had said there is a doubt whether he could score regularly in the premier league now then your statement would have made sense.

oh wow. you was actually arguing this? Wasted everyone time for the most pointless argument/debate to exist on VT

Edited by gharperr

Darren Bent's for Fulham last season ranked him an impressive 98th in the Premier League.

Considerably behind the likes of Christian Benteke, Libor Kozak and even Grant Holt.

Hugo Rodallega played for the same team and had almost double Bent's goals to minute ratio.

Is that the same Christian Benteke who this season (in the league) prior to Sherwood's arrival played more minutes and scored less goals than Bent did while at Fulham. It happens!

You have to consider the amount of minutes played to make a meaningful analysis of what has happened.

Using your bizarre logic if a player came on for the last minute of every game we should focus on him having 38 appearances rather than also considering the context that he only played 38 minutes!

Regardless to correct you on a final point - Bent played 24 games in the league for Fulham not 23.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Is that the same Christian Benteke who this season (in the league) prior to Sherwood's arrival played more minutes and scored less goals than Bent did while at Fulham. It happens!

You have to consider the amount of minutes played to make a meaningful analysis of what has happened.

Using your bizarre logic if a player came on for the last minute of every game we should focus on him having 38 appearances rather than also considering the context that he only played 38 minutes!

Regardless to correct you on a final point - Bent played 24 games in the league for Fulham not 23.

Did you read the post you've quoted?

I have taken minutes into account, like you were saying. Bent was still crap. Rodallega was twice as good as him in the same team based on goals to minutes ratio.

Edited by Stevo985

:wub:

Moving forward as a club is Bent wanted at villa? Is he better than what we have already? Will he take a pay cut?

No. He is well past his BBE. He is runny bottom liquid with little chunks in it. Keep him away.

Edited by Ingram85

Wolves and Ipswich(especially) both have winnable games today so could put them under some pressure today

though Derby do play Blackpool next week

Edited by Zatman

Absolute passenger yet again.

:lol: Too soon perhaps?

No, he was dire.

A tap in doesn't change the fact that Brentford dominated the entire game, Derby were overrun in every department today.

Oh, I'm sure he was shite, I would rather he never wear a Villa shirt again, but it is quite funny that he scored after you made that post  :lol:

I have taken minutes into account, like you were saying. Bent was still crap. Rodallega was twice as good as him in the same team based on goals to minutes ratio.

Benteke played more minutes in the league this season before Sherwood turned up and scored less goals. It happens.

LOL - epic fail. :D

Benteke played more minutes in the league this season before Sherwood turned up and scored less goals. It happens.
So let's recap.

Your defence of Bent was his goals per minute for Fulham.

But when pointed out that it was only half as good as Rodallega, suddenly goals per minute can't be relied upon because "it happens"

So should we ignore goals to minutes or not?!

Edited by Stevo985

LOL - epic fail. :D

I said he was a passenger, and he was.

...but yes 'lol, epic fail m8 rofl'

So let's recap.

Your defence of Bent was his goals per minute for Fulham.

But when pointed out that it was only half as good as Rodallega, suddenly goals per minute can't be relied upon because "it happens"

So should we ignore goals to minutes or not?!

It's not wise to look at one thing like appearances when you have other data available as well.

I look at Bent's performance in context with the number of minutes he played. 

Using your logic for a player who comes on for the final minute of every game we should just look at that he has played 38 games rather than also considering that he has only played 38 minutes!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

But I've used your logic and it still shows bent was crap at Fulham.

But your answer is "it happens"

Yes it does happen. With bent it happens all the time these days.

Stop clutching.

Â