Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He keeps pulling his shirt down over his butt, then takes a step and up it pops to his waist. I feel uncomfortable watching him trying to be a pro in clothes that he is too fat for. It's like watching a grown man learning to swim, you just feel kind of embarrassed for the guy.

Finally got round to watching the highlights. Wow some real overreactions. I've seen benteke show worse finishing.

What i like are that the two chances came from good movement from bent, allowing players the chance to slide a ball through. Something weimman and gabby rarely do.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

Why do people keep saying 3 years?

You definitely have a Darren bent poster in your bedroom.

I'm not a massive fan at the moment and just feel he's getting seriously unfair stick and things seem to be exaggerated in order to have a go.

Why do people keep saying 3 years?

You definitely have a Darren bent poster in your bedroom.

I'm not a massive fan at the moment and just feel he's getting seriously unfair stick and things seem to be exaggerated in order to have a go.

If Bent looked like he was busting a gut on the pitch, he wouldn't get half as much stick. The only thing he looks like busting is the elastic on his shorts (I know he's not fat - but he is out of shape). 

Bent just lolls around the pitch looking either out of breath or disinterested. This is why he gets more crap thrown at him.,

Edited by theboyangel

But hasn't he always played that way? He never "put a shift in". If he doesn't score in a game he's essentially useless and that's always been his problem. Ditto Jermaine Defoe.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

But hasn't he always played that way? He never "put a shift in". If he doesn't score in a game he's essentially useless and that's always been his problem. Ditto Jermaine Defoe.

Jermaine Defoe worked hard for his chances, he wasn't afraid of dropping deep, picking up the ball and running at people, or getting the defender on the turn and rolling him.

Bent doesn't even try.

Darren still has the touch of a mule, the work rate of a giant panda and now from the looks of things is aiming for the waistline of a giant panda as well! He has definitely put on some weight! Always though he was a luxury we couldn't afford, these box strikers (goal hangers) are dinosaurs in the modern game, only a team with a great midfield could incorporate such players.  When he was young he at least had pace to get in behind, now he's as slower than a double amputated tortoise!

I don't think a player has to run himself into the ground. Look at weimman his workrate is superb but it doesn't stop him being poor.

I've agreed with some of what you've written in this thread, but I don't think the Weimann comparison is flattering. Not only does Weimann work harder, he's the only person who's actually taken a chance this season. 

Hopefully Hull don't get a striker in the next few days and then panic on deadline day and sign Bent or maybe even Palace.  Please somebody take him.

Manure are in panic mode maybe a deal for him to go there for 10 or 20 m might please them

I thought he'd be nailed on for the MLS this summer.

I suppose it was just massively wishful thinking, but if any MLS clubs are reading this - he would do a great job for you!!

I think the only chance of moving him on over here is if Warnock has a senior moment at Palace.

Â