Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I really dont understand why we have strikers marking key players from corners anyway. They are strikers they aren't interested in defending even if they should be. The sad part is our midfield has the average height of about 5 ft 5 so PL has no choice.

Still dont want Bent to start, he doesn't offer enough and its like playing with 10 men, however with the quality difference between us and Bradford that should be fine so start him v Bradford 2nd leg for sure.

Edited by AndyM3000

I honestly believe he couldn't be arsed last night. From the moment he are on he just gave the impression that he didn't give a shit. Terrible attitude from him.

Ship him out

I honestly believe he couldn't be arsed last night. From the moment he are on he just gave the impression that he didn't give a shit. Terrible attitude from him.

Ship him out

Yes, it's poor man management from Lambert. We should not have alienated our best player, crazy decision.

Ship him out

Hardly

He never got time to get into the game before he got injured and from what i saw he was getting involved. We had alot of terrible performances last night. Bennett, Bannan, Clark etc. Bent shouldnt be getting flak for last night as he didnt get the time on the pitch to justify it.

Bent's was off the boil before Lambert arrived. Stop making excuses for his poor form.

He was fine last season. Was scoring goals under McLeish but picked up a bad injury about February, Petrov became ill about the same time and Dunne went down injured as well.

With the spine of the team out our season went to shit.

He was fine last season. Was scoring goals under McLeish but picked up a bad injury about February, Petrov became ill about the same time and Dunne went down injured as well.

With the spine of the team out our season went to shit.

Still had some shocking misses in him. The game against Sunderland springs to mind.

All players miss chances. Bents problem is he has become something of a luxury to this club and more of an asset financially than what he offers to the team. Benteke missed chances, but his all round effort makes him instantly more valuable to the side in my eyes and he's young and can only get better.

I like Darren Bent, but I genuinely think he believes his own press a lot of the time. He has issues with competition, as he did at Spuds and unless he becomes a 'team player' he always will have.

If Lambert really wants to make progress here, then he needs to cash in and spend it wisely.

If we were doing well, or even if we were doing average but looking like building something then you could say 'fair enough, Lambert knows best' but we have been utterly woeful.

His decision to bench our £18m star striker then go on to be the leagues lowest scorers has proven criminal.

Thought it was interesting what Martin Tyler said last night about Bent.

He said he spoke to him before the game, and Bent told him that it's just been a nightmare season for him injury wise. Said he still hasn't recovered from last seasons inury and keeps picking up little niggles on top of that, said he hasnt been fit all season.

Could be the main reason that Lambo hasn't played him.

Thought it was interesting what Martin Tyler said last night about Bent.

He said he spoke to him before the game, and Bent told him that it's just been a nightmare season for him injury wise. Said he still hasn't recovered from last seasons inury and keeps picking up little niggles on top of that, said he hasnt been fit all season.

Could be the main reason that Lambo hasn't played him.

He haven't had chance to recover and getting long enough run of training and games to pick up form and fitness so doesn't surprise me that he said that.

Â