Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

If we were doing well, or even if we were doing average but looking like building something then you could say 'fair enough, Lambert knows best' but we have been utterly woeful.

His decision to bench our £18m star striker then go on to be the leagues lowest scorers has proven criminal.

agree

Bent's was off the boil before Lambert arrived. Stop making excuses for his poor form.

He scored 10 goals in 25 appearances last season and was our leading goalscorer, despite McLeish being fairly clueless about how to play to support his goalscoring.

So far this season Lambert has managed to induce 4 from 15 appearances (6 of those as sub).

Give Bent the right support and he will score. Lambert has pissed Bent around all season, making him captain then dropping him, relegating him to the substitute's bench at a time when our goalscoring record is pathetic, and utterly failing to build playing partnerships on the pitch between him and other players.

I suspect Bent is not Lambert's "type" of player - he isn't young, hungry and hard working, and probably has a bit of an attitude.

If Lambert is to make the step up to managing top teams, he must become able to manage such players successfully because there are a lot of players with attitude and big egos in the premiership and quite a lot of them are also very talented and crucial to the success of their clubs. If he can't do this, he'll be stuck with teams of hard working but below-par kids (probably not in the premier league).

That is beyond ridiculous.

as ridiculous as saying not pairing bent and Benteke is the biggest mistake in the history of the club?

For me bent last night was dwight Yorke v Everton all over again

I think it was a deliberate miss by him

I also think his "injury" was not a real one at all last night

Weimann got clattered more and he played on

That might just be the stupidest comment I've ever heard in my life.

Lol indeed.

Please tell who would possibly benefit from a deliberate miss other than the opposing side?

Oh my :crylaugh:

That is a special post. I might print it out and put it on my wall. :lol:

richard sorry mate but cant agree with that one. Why would he miss that delibrately? Surely he will want to prove a point to the manager, put himself in the shop window if he wants to leave.

I do agree though that I think he fake dthe injury as he was embarassed about that miss

this forum is ridiculous and laughable at times, exactly why i dont come on here much anymore.

so he faked the injury because of the chance he missed....hmmm yeh right, was you watching the game??? you could visibly see him struggling to run after that knock. if he really didnt wanna play and missed that chance on purpose dont u think he would of went off straight away? as for the weimann playing on, he clattered into the keeper, yeh Bent did kind of too but you could see him land awkwardly on his knee which sometimes cause damage to ligaments more than collison with the keeper like weimann had.

Edited by Pricey_1984

Â