Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

can i point out that after reading norwich fans two pennies on this topic, this sort of stance seems very much a PL trait, going cold turkey on some of the best players at the club for seemingly no real reason, then bringing them back in out of the blue, and when they come back in they are fully-fit and raring to go, more determined as their ego is wounded and they don't want to be sat in the reserves again. if he is doing this to make Bent more motivated and determined, and a harder worker on and off the pitch, then it's a great idea, as long as it works.

Yup I'm sure he did the same with Holt early on last season

Yup I'm sure he did the same with Holt early on last season

If so he's taking quite the bigger risk with £18-24 m Bent than he did with £400.000 Holt.

Not sure this approach is the right one with established players with high wages and greedy agents

Don't think media will keep off Lambert's back - he didn't bring him off the bench! But, for what its worth, I thought Bent had been poor for while, but was undroppable before, now that we have Benteke we have the option to not play Bent. Hopefully this is some kick up the arse tactics from Lambert. When you think back to when Bent was playing, he only having 3-4 touches in some games, so something was right - either the tactics or Bent himself. Personally, I don't think were missing him at the minute. But you could argue that he should be playing ahead of Gabby.

Sooner we get to January the better. Let Lambert get rid of all the players he currently doesn't rate (Ireland, Bent, CNZ, Given) and then bring in more players, hopefully some with experience, to give our small and very young squad a massive lift. Big work to do next month.

Good job Houllier and McAllister didn't share that view in 2010/11 when his goals saved us from relegation.

Oh by the way...

Last time I looked at that table, we were in a relegation fight without Bent.

I would rather be in a relegation fight with 11 players rather than 10.

Houllier and McAllister had more experienced players at their disposal, daft argument.

Bent doesn't match the style of play we are currently playing, he couldn't play either Gabby or Weimann roles on the wing, so its a straight shoot-out between him and Benteke, currently there is no debate about who PL should pick. Bent is one of the laziest players I've seen pull on a Villa shirt, would rather see him sold in Jan for 12-14 million and see us rebuild a midfield which looks barer than my student halls fridge at the moment :)

Before Lambert came in Bent was number one, billy big balls. The best player, undroppable. It was written all over his face.

Lambert is letting him know that he is number one now and you have to work to get into the team.

Bent has an attitude problem, when KEA came on yesterday as the last sub he stormed off down the tunnel and didn't come back out. The other unused subs stayed and watched the rest of the game.

• Like 1

Bent doesn't match the style of play we are currently playing, he couldn't play either Gabby or Weimann roles on the wing, so its a straight shoot-out between him and Benteke, currently there is no debate about who PL should pick. Bent is one of the laziest players I've seen pull on a Villa shirt, would rather see him sold in Jan for 12-14 million and see us rebuild a midfield which looks barer than my student halls fridge at the moment :)

the current style of playing?

what, you mean not scoring many goals at all?

he has played numerous formations and 'styles' which yesterday ended up being a throw back to last seasons abortion of a manager

odd really because bent has played numerous styles for numerous managers previously, inlcuding a passing team in spurz, a team with wingers in villa, up front on his own charlton, with a big man at sunderland, with top players for england..

so all these other tactics and formations and styles are nothing like what lamberts magical formula for success is?

i think that says more about the manager than the player, when the player has proved it at every level and has scored at every level regularly under all kinds of team, formations, tactics.

so to say he doesnt fit in with lambert 'style of play' or formation or tactics is a weak excuse for leaving him out due to clearly a personal issue

Bent has an attitude problem, when KEA came on yesterday as the last sub he stormed off down the tunnel and didn't come back out. The other unused subs stayed and watched the rest of the game.

Interesting, that's the first I've heard of this being reported anywhere. If true - and I'm not doubting you, I'm inferring from one of your posts that you were there yesterday - then it is not good. I'm sure he was annoyed and frustrated at not getting the nod but walking away from your team mates like that is petulant and does him no credit as a professional and sure as hell won't win him the good graces of PL.

Wouldn't of brought him on yesterday, bringing him on would of like been playing with ten men. The style I'm referring to is the 4-3-2-1 Lambert played against Utd, Reading and Arsenal which brought us 4 points out of 9 (should of been more) the only position Bent could play in that formation would be up top and at the moment, no chance is he being picked over Benteke.

First I've heard of about him storming off down the tunnel, if its true, just sell him in Jan and get 12-14m :)

Before Lambert came in Bent was number one, billy big balls. The best player, undroppable. It was written all over his face.

Lambert is letting him know that he is number one now and you have to work to get into the team.

Bent may have an attitude problem, but we have a goalscoring problem.

Lambert want's to prove Bent a point, but it's costing us points and atm Bent is being proven right time after time as we don't score enough goals and don't win enough games

Â