Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

and another thing, as far as him going to QPR - paying in excess of GBP10m for a 28 year old striker is absolutely not tony fernandes modus operandi, in football or in his other businesses....

Well he spent 5million on a 31 year old striker a few months ago

Do we know for sure that we need to pay Sunderland more money after 50 apps or is it just speculation? If it's true why stop at 47?

I seem to recall MM coming on here and saying that all the addon fees in the Bent deal were so ridiculous that we'd never player them (ie, Champions League qualification and International goals)

Good point 'villanmike.'

I suppose the way Lambert is looking at it why pay another three million or whatever it is for a player you view as not being the future of Aston Villa football club. If that assumption is correct i'd be very interested in how Lambert has come to that conclusion when he is the best goal scorer we have had for some considerable time?

Lambert is also banking on someone coming in for him with acceptable money which isn't necessarily a given and what if no-one comes in for him in January assuming of course that a deal hasn't already been done?

I feel both Lambert and the club could be driving themselves into a corner which they cannot get out of concerning the player.

Christ.

You ask him to answer. He answers, you don't believe him.

What's the point in this discussion? Genuinely.

Not the first time. Quite common on fans forums, I'd say. Sadly. People only want to hear the truth they "know" is true. If it doesn't fit in with what they already believe then it must be a lie.

Â