Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bollocks!!!

Yeah what a load of crap. Bent is on too much money, and like every other top player we've had at the club over the last few years he has to be sold. Lerner won't be happy till we have a squad full of lower league players on £10k a week.

That's the reason he's on his way out of Villa Park.

Has a terrible attitude, doesn't do enough on the pitch, isn't good enough for a team fighting to stay up and isn't suited to modern day football.

It will be interesting to see where such an awful player ends up and how such an awful player will perform in the future.

Has a terrible attitude, doesn't do enough on the pitch, isn't good enough for a team fighting to stay up and isn't suited to modern day football.

It will be interesting to see where such an awful player ends up and how such an awful player will perform in the future.

How is it this "terrible attitude" has only emerged this season? I've never heard of any bad attitude from Bent in previous years but now he's supposedly a bad influence. It doesn't wash with me. Sounds like something cooked up to get him out of the club without us looking like we're desperately trying to get one of the last big earners off the books.

As I said earlier, Lerner wants a team of lower league players on £10k a week. The trouble is we'll end up in the lower leagues if he continues with this madness.

I do not think Bent is awful, far from it.

I just think he isnt suited to the style that Lambert wants to play, that the style he wants to implement is to be more flexible and that Bent is a one dimensional player

I think in the right format he will do brilliantly, just that that format is not with us currently and I'd rather Lambert here than Bent, and I absolutely think Bent is a top top player, none much better in his field

Not to be picky, but wasn't one of Lamberts strong points supposed to be that he didn't have a rigid set style of play, that he varied his style of play to suit the squad and whom his team were playing against? At least thats how i have read from the post that Norwich fans have posted on here.

And still there is no room for Darren Bent in the style that Lambert want's to play, whatever that is. Haven't really seen any red line as of yet.

Except the no Bent policy that is...

Not to be picky, but wasn't one of Lamberts strong points supposed to be that he didn't have a rigid set style of play, that he varied his style of play to suit the squad and whom his team were playing against? At least thats how i have read from the post that Norwich fans have posted on here.

And still there is no room for Darren Bent in the style that Lambert want's to play, whatever that is. Haven't really seen any red line as of yet.

Except the no Bent policy that is...

changing to suit the squad doesn't mean picking a system that suits one player and compromising the other 10 though does it?

changing to suit the squad doesn't mean picking a system that suits one player and compromising the other 10 though does it?

Or 25, but regardless of who and what style we play there is no room for Bent. That's why i feel there is more reasons than just that he doesn't "fit into the system".

Having a £ 20 m striker with a prolific scoring record would be seen as an assett by many managers, and one that you would try to incorporate into your team. And i don't feel Bent is impossible to play with to an extent that he brings the other 10 players down with his presence on the field.

Atm a £18-20 m investment is rotting away while we at the same time are struggling to score both goals and points. There is more behind this than just suitability

Getting the best out of Bent - and getting the best out of Bent is the only way to get anything out of Bent - requires players we do not have, in my opinion. And players that cost in total a lot more than Benteke.

We're not good enough for Bent to be useful. Weird, but that's my take on it. I also wouldn't be surprised if it turned out his response to being put on the bench had contributed to the whole affair.

Did Charlton and Sunderland have lots of creative talent surrounding bent?

Isn't the point of football to score goals and win? Our team does neither of these things enough at the moment and yet Bent still finds himself doing nothing. Would a good manager not find a way to utilise one of the best goal scorers in the league?

If Bent had played every game I'd suggest he'd be on about 8pl goals by now and we'd be mid table

He's been told to sell, it's very clear

I seem to recall you not so long ago saying that 'goals were over rated when it came to strikers' odd that you now seem to have the opposite view.

As for the last bit, actually it isn't and Lambert doesn't strike me as the sort of manager that would drop a player he wants to pick because he needs to sell. The fact that Lambert has on several occasions including today said there has been no bids for him and isn't acting like a man actively trying to sell kind of rubbishes this suggestion.

You might think he has been told to sell but that is nothing other than your opinion, there is absolutely nothing to support it.

I don't agree that Bent would be scoring freely in this team, and I believe that even if he was we would most likely have less of the ball and concede more goals.

Before someone tells me I'm wrong, read it again. "Don't agree" and "believe" are indicators of opinion.

• Like 1

If Bent had played every game I'd suggest he'd be on about 8pl goals by now and we'd be mid table

He's been told to sell, it's very clear

If Bent had played every game I'd suggest we'd be on about 8pl points by now and we'd be rock bottom

Bent doesn't suit our system, it's very clear

...from a club attractive enough to Bent and that are willing to pay him £60.000-80.000 a week. There really aren't that many of those clubs around

Bent is a proven PL goalscorer who any team would bend over backwards to sign so there shouldn't be aa problem......apparently

Did Charlton and Sunderland have lots of creative talent surrounding bent?

Isn't the point of football to score goals and win? Our team does neither of these things enough at the moment and yet Bent still finds himself doing nothing. Would a good manager not find a way to utilise one of the best goal scorers in the league?

Different times, different tactics

I seem to recall you not so long ago saying that 'goals were over rated when it came to strikers' odd that you now seem to have the opposite

I don't recall ever saying "goals are over rated" what a bizzare concept

I suggest we revisit this after We both rerun from tomorrows game which again no doubt DB9 will be frozen out of.

It's the lack of goal power thats killing us

His goal scoring record for anti football Mcleish was still decent so not sure why its expected he'd fail under a more attack minded manager. Makes no sense.

But the team was crap, and hopefully is starting to improve. We need to look at the team as a whole, not just the statistics of individual players.

It's the lack of goal power thats killing us

And by throwing Bent in we might get some of those goals and lose something else. It's not black and white. It's not a case of "Darren Bent has scored X goals in his career, Paul Lambert is mad to leave him out". There are nuances.

Â