Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don't think Bent has an attitude problem personally, I can't see that Lambert does either given that he made him skipper earlier in the season. Managers, especially managers like Lambert don't give the armband to players with bad attitudes.

There is no real evidence in Bent's career to date (here or otherwise that suggests he has a bad attitude), he fell out with Redknapp but that was hardly his doing and he made an ill advised comment on Facebook during his protracted move to Sunderland. But that is about it other than that shopping trip when injured.

No I don't think Bent's attitude is the issue, I think its his work rate or lack of that is the problem. Bent isn't a natural captain, when he was made skipper by Lambert I said at the time that it was to probably try and get him to be a different kind of player or have a less selfish approach to the game. It didn't work, and neither did Benteke and Bent as a partnership at Southampton.

So he has found himself out of the team and following injury out of the squad. What has happened since, if anything is despite media attempts to whip up a story not in the public domain.

I therefore can't see how anyone can call into question his attitude, his work ethic on the pitch perhaps but I don't think that is about attitude.

I think it is fair to say he has no future here but from what I've seen that is purely down to footballing reasons rather than anything else.

Now whether or not you agree with Lambert on those footballing reasons is a point of some debate and what I think people should be talking about rather than Bent's attitude which seems an moot point to me.

Why does bent have an attitude problem? Because Lambert's the first manager he's played for who can't get anything from him?

You talk about Bent like he is Lionel Messi!! Some superstar who has played for the cream of Europe. Ipswich, Charlton and Sunderland - wow. The only decent club he's been at was Spuds where he was ridiculed by Redknapp.

Lambert has been very smart (and brave) and identified that Bent is not the player to move the team forward and get us out of the mess he inheirited.

• Like 2

So in less than a year Darren Bent has gone from "the type of striker we've been crying out for for years" to obsolete and outdated?

Firstly Bent was a panic buy not some final piece in the jigsaw

Bent made sense when we had Milner, Young and Downing to provide the ball on a plate for him - now we don't

If we played Bent instead of Benteke we would go down

If we played Bent and Benteke we would go down

Well done PL for realising this and taking action immediately

• Like 1

Firstly Bent was a panic buy not some final piece in the jigsaw

Bent made sense when we had Milner, Young and Downing to provide the ball on a plate for him - now we don't

If we played Bent instead of Benteke we would go down

If we played Bent and Benteke we would go down

Well done PL for realising this and taking action immediately

You really do post some biased rubbish on here.

How do you know if we played Bent instead of Benteke or a combination of the two that we would be relegated? You can't possibly know that with any kind of certainty.

Bent was certainly not a panic buy either. We knew what we were getting and got exactly that!

Bent's present form is more to do with how the present manager has set the team up and also the fact that the player's confidence is unsurprisingly completely shot due to being unceremonlously stripped of the captaincy and then preference given to Bowery on the bench.

There is actually more chance of us being relegated with Bent being sold without an able replacement than anything else!

No, he's not

You've only got to look at last season

Last season we were doing ok at the start of the season (better than this season). Bent had scored 9 goals in just 22 appearences in the first half of the season, then he got injured in Feb. After that we dropped like a stone without his goals.

This season we are the second lowest goal scorers (One ahead of QPR) and are crying out for a player to help Benteke with the goal scoring duties.

I think last season proves the opposite of what you are trying to argue.

• Like 1

Last season we were doing ok (better than this season). Bent had scored 9 goals in just 22 appearences in the first half of the season, then he got injured in Feb. After that we dropped like a stone without his goals.

I think last season proves the opposite of what you are arguing.

Beat me to it.

You really do post some biased rubbish on here.

How do you know if we played Bent instead of Benteke or a combination of the two that we would be relegated? You can't possibly know that with any kind of certainty.

Bent was certainly not a panic buy either. We knew what we were getting and got exactly that!

Bent's present form is more to do with how the present manager has set the team up and also the fact that the player's confidence is unsurprisingly completely shot due to being unceremonlously stripped of the captaincy and then preference given to Bowery on the bench.

There is actually more chance of us being relegated with Bent being sold without an able replacement than anything else!

It is mostly reading bwtween the lines - something you shot me down for doing just under a month ago.. yet so far I have not been wrong.

(not that I am onto any sort of victory but just stating that is all)

Â