Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I worked for a Jewish guy recently, the jews and money stereotype is very accurate! So I concur we need a Jew on the board!

**** hell...

I saw a black guy recently. He stole my wallet. I'm never talking to a black guy ever again.

Personally I reckon Lamberts telling the truth.

As for DB I see the situation like this:

A - DB was the big dog! Almost guaranteed first team football based on his goal scoring record.

B - He started the season playing rubbish! Doing very little and being annoymous most of the time!

C - Benteke comes in and has been unplayable.

D - We have been playing with one upfront when Bent is out of the team. This is working for us!

E - Bent's been carrying a knock for most of the season so far.

F - Bent is throwing toys out of pram as he is no longer an automatic choice!

So Bent has two choices stop sulking, work hard and wait for his chance or hand in a transfer request.

I won't blame Lambert because the man is right in my opinion. You pick a team based on what you believe will get you results. When Bent was in the team we created nothing, so having Bent upfront when there is nothing for him to put away is pointless! Gabby and Benteke create havoc! Gabby's pace, directness and workrate are a constant menace playing as a wing striker not to mention he is strong as well. Benteke's strength, link up play, touch plus a bit of pace make him a real handful. He is reminicent of Drogba and Adebeyor in terms of not just his strength and aerial prowess but his touch and ability fo find his team mates most of the time. Bent is a clear second choice right now behind Benteke and if Benteke was ruled out of a match Bent might start, but there is also the temptation to put Gabby as the lone striker as he is more adept in the role.

The players we have and the system we play makes it difficult to find a place in the first team for Bent. Now if we are losing and are commiting bodies forward, Bent would be the perfect player to bring on, His best role in THIS team is super sub really! Now if we had a physically impossing athlete, with great passing prowess in midfield, two really creative, skillful wide men and a player adept at cutting the opposition open playing in the hole, DB would be a revelation, but for us right now he is a luxury!

Houilliers vison was Downing and Gabby wide with Young in the hole and a very promising looking Albrighton as back up to supply DB. Unfortunately Young and Downing left, Albrighton has not fulfilled his promise and HWSNBN spunked 10 million on the flop name N'Zogbia.

Our front 3 or Benteke, Gabby and Weimann are the primary source of creativity. Holmann, workman like but not particularly creative. Albrighton is hard working and when in his game puts in some good wing play, but is not creative, all we have is Ireland who has so far only ever shown us glimpses. Having Bent is like having a gas guzzling american muscle car when we can't afford to put petrol in it! End result it stays in the garage!

There are only 3 teams in the premier league that could incorporate bent, Chelsea (thanks to Mata, Hazard and Oscar), Liverpool (thanks to Suarez, Sterling -massive talent-, and Gerrard) and Man utd (take your pick!). Oh and maybe swansea. Of those teams only Liverpool are a realistic possibliity right now and they can't afford him! So unless we are happy to loan Bent to Liverpool or QPR are willing to take a punt Bent won't be going anywhere!

Sunderland?

People seem to forget that Bent is a terrible footballer when it comes to everything other than scoring goals?

He never wins any headers, he doesn't cross the ball or pass it very well.

When he is not scoring goals he is a passenger, one we cannot afford currently.

That's a pretty big part of a strikers game to dismiss.......... (IMO of Course)

Personally I reckon Lamberts telling the truth.

As for DB I see the situation like this:

A - DB was the big dog! Almost guaranteed first team football based on his goal scoring record.

B - He started the season playing rubbish! Doing very little and being annoymous most of the time!

C - Benteke comes in and has been unplayable.

D - We have been playing with one upfront when Bent is out of the team. This is working for us!

E - Bent's been carrying a knock for most of the season so far.

F - Bent is throwing toys out of pram as he is no longer an automatic choice!

Think you're going a bit overboard with Bentekke. The other night was his first goal in 4 - and he only has 3 prem goals in total. That's hardly unplayable

That's a pretty big part of a strikers game to dismiss.......... (IMO of Course)

I'm not dismissing it, but we're in a relegation fight unless he scores its basically like playing with 10 men which we cannot afford.

Even when he scores its still like playing with 10 men, so we lose 2-1 because we are playing with 10 men, but its okay because Bent played and scored.

I do look forward to when he next makes an appearance though and makes everyone look very silly.

For those who don't rate Darren Bent it's worth remembering Sunderland have been on a downward spiral since his departure, and his goals kept us in the league last season. Oh and he still has a 1 in 2 goal rate for us despite a desperately woeful supply line. Maybe remind yourselves of this before wheeling off clap-trap cliches about Benteke being unplayable etc

For those who don't rate Darren Bent it's worth remembering Sunderland have been on a downward spiral since his departure, and his goals kept us in the league last season. Oh and he still has a 1 in 2 goal rate for us despite a desperately woeful supply line. Maybe remind yourselves of this before wheeling off clap-trap cliches about Benteke being unplayable etc

Well we've not exactly been on much of an upward spiral ourselves since his arrival have we?

FWIW I remember Marcus Allbacks goals keeping us in the league way back in the 01/02 season but he never got this much recognition.

1 in 2 makes it sound wonderful. Lets remind ourselves here that four games that he started in a row so far this season he scored bugger all.

The following two games he scored a goal in each where we only drew 1-1 with Norwich and lost 4-1 to Southampton.

He shines against the little teams but never against the big guns is another thing to note.

And 1 in 2 goals ratio? is that this season? because last season he played 27 games in all competitions for us and scored only 10 goals (only 5 of them goals were in games we won!)

Very much over rated and sounds like he has a very high opinion of himself so it is proberly the right time for this chap to get out the door and we receive our double figure sum for him while we can.

3 more games and it will cost us another 6m. Id rather that money be spent elsewhere in the squad rather than his former club as for what it would cost to play Bent in a few games would be much better invested in a quality signing for the same money who we'd have for a few years!

I'm not dismissing it, but we're in a relegation fight unless he scores its basically like playing with 10 men which we cannot afford.

Even when he scores its still like playing with 10 men, so we lose 2-1 because we are playing with 10 men, but its okay because Bent played and scored.

I do look forward to when he next makes an appearance though and makes everyone look very silly.

Good job Houllier and McAllister didn't share that view in 2010/11 when his goals saved us from relegation.

Oh by the way...

Last time I looked at that table, we were in a relegation fight without Bent.

Â