Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I'm going to idly speculate that Bent was upset on hearing he would be benched at his former club and an argument followed.

I'm also willing to accept that it could be an innocent foot injury.

I'm suspicious because it was Sunderland away and players have a big thing about proving themselves at their old clubs. The situation reminds me a little of Bent's exit from Spurs.

Like I said, it could be that he actually injured his foot.

Rumour floating around that Lambert didn't take Bent because Sunderland fans were all geared up for shouting abuse at him. By him not being there they vented their frustration at their own team instead of Bent. Not sure I believe that, not taking a useful player purely due to psychology, but it's an interesting thought.

If we can get 12-14m for him be it in January or next summer and that money and his 70k a week wages are reinvested then I have absolutely no problem with him being sold.

He has had a whiff of billy big bollocks about him since he arrived. No player is bigger than Aston Villa and Darren Bent certainly isn't.

He has had a whiff of billy big bollocks about him since he arrived.

LOL what? anyway selling your best players is never a good idea.

I'd thought fans would've realised this seeing Ash etc leave.. Lambert should be finding players to provide the service not looking to sell him.

a proper goalscorer which most clubs would love and fans are claiming to sell him off, crazy.

LOL what? anyway selling your best players is never a good idea.

I'd thought fans would've realised this seeing Ash etc leave.. Lambert should be finding players to provide the service not looking to sell him.

a proper goalscorer which most clubs would love and fans are claiming to sell him off, crazy.

Darren bent is nowhere near the quality of Young. He is also not our best player imo. I also dont agree that most clubs would love him. Opinions eh?

I like how people continually refer to him as 'our best player', yet the manager doesn't seem to think he warrants a place in the starting line up and neither do a fair chunk of the fans. I've never known a club's "best player" be in that situation before (aside from being past it, ie Gerrard, Lampard..)

well if Benteke keeps up these types of perfromances then im gonna start missing Bents name on the teamsheet less and less

the brutal fact is we are a much better TEAM when Bent doesn't play...

we do not have quality wingers to get beyond full backs and lay it on a plate for Bent to score, therefore his importance for us is severely lessened..

Benteke's dominance in the air, strength and running of the channels are much more beneficial for us...

although i dont want him sold, if we did get 12m for him in January and reinvested the money on a winger and DM i wouldnt be bothered at all

well if Benteke keeps up these types of perfromances then im gonna start missing Bents name on the teamsheet less and less

the brutal fact is we are a much better TEAM when Bent doesn't play...

we do not have quality wingers to get beyond full backs and lay it on a plate for Bent to score, therefore his importance for us is severely lessened..

Benteke's dominance in the air, strength and running of the channels are much more beneficial for us...

although i dont want him sold, if we did get 12m for him in January and reinvested the money on a winger and DM i wouldnt be bothered at all

What happens if Benteke picks up an injury, or needs a rest? Do we rely on Gabby again?

Absolute madness to sell Bent in January unless your going to replace him with equal, or better quality.

You can't secure your Premiership status by continually selling your better players, especially with half the feckin season to complete.

Â