Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Hope Sherwood convinces him to stay... Got faith that Timmay would bring out the best in him, actually play him and have him putting the ball in the onion bag more regularly

Yeah all Sherwood needs is a time machine.

Well, we have removed the element from the club that caused him so much misery... Sherwood brought Lowton back in from the cold after Lambastard put him there too; maybe he might have a word with Bent and see if he can change this mind about the club as a whole...

"Lambastard"

jesus, it's not even close :crylaugh:

Well my father called him Lampard, or sometimes Lampart. I don't know why. I think he's **** properly losing it actually. Anyway

Timmy had no choice but to bring Lowton back.

To be fair we are a bit light on forwards. Benteke still doesnt look right to me, Kozak is coming back from a serious injury, Gabby is erratic at best and the less said about Wiemann the better to be honest!

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Bent tonight against Wolves I can see why he's surplus to requirements at Villa. He's lost that bit of pace he used to have when he was in his prime. Don't think he would cut it in the Premier League now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Aston Villa outcast Darren Bent in talks for surprise new deal Exclusive interview: On-loan Derby County striker claims Villa were '100 per cent right' to sack Paul Lambert and eyes return, once he has won promotion for the Rams

Darren Bent has revealed he has had talks over a surprise new deal with Aston Villa and insists the club were “100 per cent right” to sack Paul Lambert.

Bent is rebuilding his career on loan at Derby County and enjoying playing under Steve McClaren – Villa’s £24million record signing, who was exiled by Lambert for more than two seasons, had resigned himself to a sour end to his time at the club, with his contract expiring in June.

But Lambert’s dismissal in February, and the subsequent appointment of Tim Sherwood, has raised the remarkable prospect of Bent agreeing a new deal.

“There have been conversations with Villa regarding the future and I need to have a think about things in the summer,” he told Telegraph Sport.

’Im not ruling out going back, just like I wouldn’t rule out staying at Derby because they have given me a lifeline to play football and score goals again. But yes, there’s been discussions [with Villa] and we will have to look at it.

“I had some great times there and I loved pulling on that shirt. I know they’re not quite out of trouble but it’s great to see them going the right way in the league and at a Wembley semi-final.

“A club that size should not have had the seasons we’ve had for the last couple of seasons. I enjoyed the first few years but Paul Lambert came in and it all changed, it all went downhill for me from there.

“He made those decisions but ultimately he’s not there any more and I think it was 100 per cent right, the best thing for the football club. I know Tim Sherwood from Tottenham, he’s an unbelievable motivator and it’s the perfect job for him. He’s got that spark about him and he’s what Villa needed at the time. Maybe I could go back, this summer I’ve got a decision to make.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11511234/Aston-Villa-outcast-Darren-Bent-in-talks-for-surprise-new-deal.html

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Â