Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

i think he was done in the mcleish year, for which i had a lot of sympathy for him, got an awful lot of grief on here and during games games from the holte for not challenging, specifically for not jumping for the long balls that were constantly aimed his way, the fact that he was the only villa player in the opponents half and had no one to knock the ball down to was lost on a lot of fans... thats when i think the lazy tag started and he's never shook it off

personally for me, and maybe for lambert who knows, the bradford miss was an absolute shocker, somewhere between him, given and lambert playing 4-0-6 as a formation we embarrassingly lost the tie, it was certainly the end of given as a villa player, maybe the end of bent too

I

"53.2.2 Subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season.  Any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window.  Any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between both Clubs and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window (but subject to Regulation 53.2.3 below).

Doesn't look like it.

• Like 2

i think him coming back would result in unnecessary pressure on both the player and the new manager

if he came back then we'd have to give him game time, if he got game time he'd have to perform

on one hand we need all the help we can get, on the other we dont need additional bullshit for the sake of it

I don't think it would be fair on Bent himself to recall him. He's been frozen out so long with us, now its going well at Derby. Let him be! Lets get the best out of Benteke. 

1. We couldn't recall him outside the window.

2. It wouldn't be fair on Darren? We are paying him upwards of £70k a week!

I really don't understand this hold Bent seems to have over some people.

Poor Darren, not Darren's fault, Lambert's fault, Mcleish's fault, Villa's fault, Fulham's fault, Jol's fault, Muelenstein's fault, Magath's fault, Keane's fault, the system's fault.

I don't think it would be fair on Bent himself to recall him. He's been frozen out so long with us, now its going well at Derby. Let him be! Lets get the best out of Benteke. 

1. We couldn't recall him outside the window.

2. It wouldn't be fair on Darren? We are paying him upwards of £70k a week!

I really don't understand this hold Bent seems to have over some people.

Poor Darren, not Darren's fault, Lambert's fault, Mcleish's fault, Villa's fault, Fulham's fault, Jol's fault, Muelenstein's fault, Magath's fault, Keane's fault, the system's fault.

The 2nd point is fair enough I guess. 

It sure was. Only watched the first half but he showed glimpses of his prowess in the box. Looks to be fitter and is playing with a lot more confidence. Maybe Sherwood will think about a recall. I would like to see Benteke and Bent up front together. It didn't work for Lambert but that was his problem. 

Â