Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent's playing in a team full of confidence and relative creativity, against second rate defences. He'd be feeding off scraps here against some of the best in the country. He'd be yet another passenger, of which we already have too many.

If Lambert was still the manager maybe.

as nobody seem to mention it that miss in first half for a natural finisher is dreadful. straight at the keeper

He still has 7 goals in 11 games this season, yes I know he is playing in the Championship but you cant argue with that goals to games ratio

as nobody seem to mention it that miss in first half for a natural finisher is dreadful. straight at the keeper

He still has 7 goals in 11 games this season, yes I know he is playing in the Championship but you cant argue with that goals to games ratio

You can't argue with it at Championship level.

But you can certainly argue that that wouldn't translate to the premier league.

His performances for us and Fulham in the past couple of seasons are testament to that.

He might score in the PL.

I imagine if he played to Stoke or Swansea, he's have scored a few, but he won't or probably won't score many in the current Villa set up.  Why?  Because we don't create many chances, we don't shoot on sight (enabling him to "mop up") and we only play with 1 upfront.

He's not the best header of the ball (Bradford PLATINUM chance/Spurs "my old lady could have scored that!"), so crosses are pretty much pointless too. 

He needs the ball to be bouncing around the 18 yard box to have any success, he's not even that good at 1 on 1's..

So we can talk about it all we want, we will never know.  But you cannot say "Well, he's scored 7 in 11 for Derby..etc", because you cannot translate that to us because 1. Derby play another type of football to us and 2. It's in a lower quality league against lower quality opposition.

• Like 1

Â