Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

The bloke who posted the picture said he was getting the Waterloo line which goes to Palace I think.

The Waterloo and City line runs between Waterloo and Bank only - nowhere near Palace. None of the tube lines go that way - to get to Selhurst you have to go to Norwood Juntion, which is on the overground. 

That's definitely waterloo station. The sign is for Jubilee, Bakerloo and W&C lines. That pic must be taken at the northern line interchange.

He could be getting the Jubilee across to Canada Water I suppose and then the Overground to Norwood Junction. But that is quite a journey when it's barely 20 minutes in a cab from there.

Possible though.

Edit - maybe a bit longer. 35-40 minutes. But why he'd be going via Waterloo is anyone guess.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

The bloke who posted the picture said he was getting the Waterloo line which goes to Palace I think.

The Waterloo and City line runs between Waterloo and Bank only - nowhere near Palace. None of the tube lines go that way - to get to Selhurst you have to go to Norwood Juntion, which is on the overground.

That shows just how much I use the underground.

Bent having a potential move dangling in front of him could actually be a decent thing for us for the next 2 weeks. He wants a move, we play him, he needs to impress, he scores a couple, heads off somewhere else and Benteke and Kozak return. [/ideal world]

We still have Weimann and Gabby who play their best in the striker roles. We have an excess amount of strikers and Bent is the highest paid of them all. If he moves on, we can use that money to sign Vlaar and Delph to new contracts. 

He still has family in London and possibly friends.

Or maybe, he just decided he fancied a day out in the capital city, which is mental because there's absolutely bugger all to do down here.

Why would a millionaire want to spend money in Regents Street/Mayfair/Knightsbridge/Kensington etc when he could quite easily go to the Bull Ring!?

• Like 1

That infamous Liverpool game he went shopping in Cambridge so he does have a house down there and given he's hardly been involved with the club the last 18 months you wouldn't expect him to be permamently in the midlands particularly when he was at Fulham last year.

It could've been the players day off for instance today so he might've just fancied a day out in London. BTW the tube goes nowhere near Selhurst for anyone who's every attempted to get to the hellhole that is Selhurst Park! And I doubt Bent would take the tube for transfer negotiations.

From thinking he was finished here I'd be surprised if we let him go now as we actually don't have many fit (or good strikers) curently at the club so makes sense to keep him around until Benteke and Kozak get fit and up to speed.

Â