Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Who do you suggest? Gabby and Weimman didn't score many last year and have both looked pretty awful in pre season.

I would put Weimann up top. Not that I rate him highly, he is better than Bent.

It would be good to see him get a run of games in his favoured position, hopefully he will rise to the occasion, prove a point and show us what he can do.

Bent is finished, I had hoped he would come back with a point to prove but he has been well of the pace in pre season, not just goals, but all round mobility,

He came back in disgusting shape and doesn't exactly look like he has busted a gut to get up to speed.

• Like 2

I'm not sure weimman is better than bent.  I think he will run around more but i'd be more confident with Bent snatching a goal than weimman.

He hasn't looked too bad in pre season and if we put the right players round him i still think he's got goals in him.

I don't think the rest of our team is good enough to carry him any more though. When we had Cashley, Downing, Pires, Bradley, Makoun feeding him however...

Yeah it's not as good but maybe nzogbia and grealish could provide him with a couple of decent chances.  

It's an area we are weak in at the moment and it's a shame that weimman or gabby haven't really stood out during pre season.

I don't think any of them will perform brilliantly upfront for us at the moment but i think Bent is the best of a bad bunch just because I think he can have a poor game and snatch a goal whereas the other two probably wouldn't the way they've been playing.

I don't care how slow crap and lazy he is or looks, if he scores goals..........

Weimann might never stop running for 90 mins, but if he doesn't get a goal or an assist or something action that triggers a goal, then what's the point?

Gabby will make two good runs and game, lose the ball at the key moment then do nothing.

I don't care how slow crap and lazy he is or looks, if he scores goals..........

Weimann might never stop running for 90 mins, but if he doesn't get a goal or an assist or something action that triggers a goal, then what's the point?

Gabby will make two good runs and game, lose the ball at the key moment then do nothing.

He doesn't score goals though.

He does, his record last year as striker was quite decent.

I think the difference is the tactics we play, if we cross lots and push defences back to create chances in front of goal then Bent all the way, he's a poacher/finisher, but if we play possession football and sometimes put the ball in the box when the time is right then I'd go with Weimann, he's aware like Bent but better on the ball and more likely to support attacks.

Â