Alan Hutton

Rich_D

'arry on SSN says its the first he has heard of it

It wouldn't surprise me if Rednapp is not involved.

He's already fallen out with the player and refuses to play him. Levy runs the finances over there, not Harry, so the selling of this player is not really of his concern anymore.

Haveing said that, it may all just be another deadline BS rumour?

He's already fallen out with the player and refuses to play him. Levy runs the finances over there, not Harry, so the selling of this player is not really of his concern anymore.

Haveing said that, it may all just be another deadline BS rumour?

Agreed on all points.

Given the balance of our squad the RB position seems an unlikely one for us to be trying to sign someone for to me.

I think he's needed. Don't want to depend on a experienced youth player, regardless of how well he played against Wolves. Add to that how useless Beye is. Our best choice at RB IMO is Cuellar. So I'm all for getting him in, so long as AMC can get him playing well.

Hutton is a decent footballer. The problem is that he's neither a defensive full back or a goal scoring wing back. He's more of a rather large physical and quite pacy winger.

Chris Herd is not a defensive full back but he is a goal scoring wing back, although he is more of a natural central midfielder.

Carlos Cuellar is a good defensive full back although he prefers to play as a central defender. He's not the best on the ball or going up the wing.

Eric Lichaj is becoming a good attacking full back but is still occasionally defensively suspect. His throw is a bonus.

Habib Beye is a decent wing back, but defensively his positional play is dodgy.

My preference would be to give a fit Cuellar an extended run at right back again, and then Herd could put some real bite into the CM as and when he's needed.

correct

arry has nothing to do with transfers at whl any more, its all levy

If 'Arry said the sun would rise tomorrow I'd still doubt he was telling the truth.

What he says has absolutely no bearing on reality. Might be the truth. Could just as likely be complete bollocks

'A possibilty' according to Redknapp. Take that as a yes then

Aston Villa have been linked with a swoop for right-back Alan Hutton, who has slipped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane behind Vedran Corluka and Kyle Walker.

Redknapp is not clear what the exact situation is but accepts that Hutton could be on the move before 11pm on Wednesday.

"Alan is a good player, he is away playing for Scotland and Alex McLeish knows him, so it might well be a possibility I suppose," said Redknapp.

sounds likely to me

Hopefully wrapped up already or first thing tomorrow morning as it will leave a whole day to work on two or three more signings :D

Slightly overoptimistic I know, but where's the fun in being a pessimist (apart from being able to say I told you so. :winkold: )

Good player, good signing.

Â