Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Agree.. Beye is the part of the reason we never made it to fair in europa.. the other half of the reason is MON for fielding such a poor side in the first place.

I dont like MON at all but KMAC was manager then

oh right my bad.. still a stupid idea.

O'Neill still "consulted" KMac on whom to use for the first couple of weeks as part of his resignation. Do with that information what you will, but I'm sure he went over what his intentions for squad "rotation" would have been if he were staying, and Kev took those intentions under heavy consideration.

So is it Cuellar, Young or Warnock on their way out? Presumably, with only Dickie Dunne and Collins as established central defenders at the club, you'd think it's either Young or Warnock. Haven't Liverpool been sniffing after Warnock?

Hopefully we'll sell all of them and replace them with gingerbread men, that will make you even happier :)

So is it Cuellar, Young or Warnock on their way out? Presumably, with only Dickie Dunne and Collins as established central defenders at the club, you'd think it's either Young or Warnock. Haven't Liverpool been sniffing after Warnock?

Hopefully we'll sell all of them and replace them with gingerbread men, that will make you even happier :)

That's not very nice - certainly not post on the comment, not the person.

I don't like gingerbread, by the way.

*insert funny picture*

*insert funny picture*

Is there anything you do like?

*insert funny picture*

Is there anything you do like?

Is that really relevant in this thread? Why all the personal comments?

• 4 weeks later...

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish admits it is 'difficult' to comment on whether he will try to sign Alan Hutton to replace the Queens Park Rangers bound Luke Young.

QPR are set to finalise a move for Young after Villa allowed the former England international to secure a return to a London-based club.

Tottenham Hotspur full-back Hutton has been linked with a move to Villa Park to replace Young after playing under McLeish at Rangers and for Scotland.

McLeish confirmed he is keen to bring in more experienced bodies before the transfer deadline, but refused to be drawn on any interest in Hutton.

Thin on the ground

"We will try to fill that gap, we will try to bring someone else in," said McLeish.

"Am I interested in Alan Hutton? He is a Spurs player. It's difficult for me to comment on other team's players.

"But we are ready with a few names. We would try and add. We are thin on the ground in terms of experience in the squad.

"We have a lot of good young players but in terms of experienced ones we are a bit thin."

Regarding Young's imminent exit to QPR, McLeish added: "We've had an offer that was acceptable to the club. I think he thought he had no future here last year and moved his family back to London.

"There was an agreement between Luke and I before the start of the season that, if it was right for both us and him, then we may agree to him going back to London."

If the money is as tight as it seems wages wise, I say forget about the right back. Buy a winger and a midfielder. I'm sure AM will sort out our defence with the players we have. We have to add firepower to help Bent score.

SCOTLAND soccer ace Alan Hutton left his own DAD sporting two shiners after fighting with him in a sickening street brawl.

The £30,000-a-week former Rangers hero PUNCHED his father Alan Snr, 51, so hard it left him reeling with cuts and bruises on his face.

The astonishing pavement bust-up happened moments after the pair had rowed in a busy pub.

Last night a witness to the Spurs star’s fisticuffs said: “They were going at it hammer and tongs.

“Hutton hit his dad so hard in the face he even broke his glasses. There was BLOOD everywhere.”

The 24-year-old right back traded blows with his dad in front of horrified onlookers outside the Hadley Oak pub in High Barnet, Hertfordshire.

The row exploded last Saturday evening as the ex-Ibrox idol — sold to Tottenham last year for £9million — drank with close relatives who had travelled down from Scotland.

The bar, a favourite haunt for top footballers, sells Krug champagne at £140 a bottle.

The general manager of the Hadley Oak confirmed the fracas.

Tom Harland, 25, told the News of the World: “Two persons were ejected from our establishment on Saturday following disruptive behaviour.

“All our clientele are treated the same way and this kind of behaviour is not tolerated in our bar.”

A source said last night: “Alan is a regular in the pub. He was out with a big group and things got out of hand.

“The bouncers ejected Hutton and his dad and a fight started outside on the pavement.”

Hutton lives with his fiancée Kylie Mortimer, 22, and their two children in nearby Barnet, Hertfordshire.

The 6ft defender has only played a handful of games for Spurs this season after suffering a painful foot injury.

Another source said: “A guy came out of a restaurant and rushed over to help the dad — who was taking a PASTING from his son as they grappled on the pavement.

“It looked like a young guy was attacking an older man in the street — that’s why the bloke went over.”

The incident was broken up and police were not called to the scene.

Witnesses said Hutton walked off, leaving his dad BRUISED and DAZED in the street.

He was bleeding from a cut caused by his glasses. There was also blood on the pavement.

Alan Snr’s black eyes can be seen clearly behind his spectacles in our exclusive pictures. He was back at home in Troon, Ayrshire, this week.

Last night a spokesman for Hutton released a statement on his behalf.

It said: “I sincerely regret a family disagreement reached the stage it did.

“I enjoy a good relationship with my dad and we are on good terms. Returning to fitness is my main priority and I regret a quiet night out ended in this manner.

“I appreciate that I have a responsibility as a Premiership footballer to set a good example.

“I want to get on with my football and help produce good performances for club and country.”

Last night Alan Snr, who was made redundant from Ayr-based electrical giant Digital, refused to comment at his detached home in Troon.

But speaking last year, following his lad’s switch from Rangers to Spurs, he said: “I’m a very PROUD dad.

“Alan’s done really well. We’ll look forward to going to London to watch him playing for his new team.

“We’re a very close and very private family and always have been.”

Hutton hasnot played since November after suffering a stress fracture of his foot, which needed surgery.

He has now resumed full training and is desperate to play for Scotland in next Saturday’s crucial World Cup qualifier in Holland.

The full-back was named in George Burley’s squad for that game and the clash with Iceland four days later.

Hutton said recently of his injury hell: “I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. Hopefully it’s all behind me now and I can play as big a part as I can for the rest of the season.”

However, last Saturday’s incident was not the first time the player has found himself in hot water.

In February 2008 he was refused entry to the directors’ box to watch former side Rangers play — then said: “I’m not sitting with the punters.”

Hutton was turned away from the posh hospitality area at Kilmarnock’s Rugby Park stadium because he wasn’t wearing a jacket and tie.

The player — in combat trousers, a hoodie and trainers — then refused the offer of free tickets to sit in the stand with ex-teammates for the SPL game.

And in October 2007 Hutton was BARRED from The Shed nightclub in Shawlands, Glasgow, after he taunted bouncers about his salary — and shouted: “Do you know who I am?”

Â