Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Should help improve profits at the Holte pub at least :D

Has he got a big reputation then for the beverage?

Er he's Scottish....need we say more :D

I was avoiding the obvious sterotype

I see it more of a compliment but i know its hard to get that rab c nessbit look-a-likey lay in a pool of his own piss in the gutter type of image out of your head :D

Hutton is 5 years younger than Luke Young, played well under Mcleish by all accounts and offered an attacking option bombing forward as a full back.

£3M sounds like good business similar to Friedel for Given deal.

Hardly breaking news ....... this has been one of the summer's worst kept secrets!

Agree with a few comments above.

Regards to Hutton - good player, as good as Young, maybe better, and younger - no issues with his signing.

However, if we are limited, then I think the money would have been better suited elsewhere. He only has a year to go anyway, surely it would've been better getting a waulity midfielder in and then picking up Hutton on a freebie next summer.

Hopefully, glass half full and all that, this means we can expect four players in the next 24 hrs, coz I can't see the point of it otherwise

I thought he was quite a good player at Rangers, good enough for Spurs to take him. Hes looked half decent when hes played for them aswell, before the inevitable bust up with he of the melted face.

Similar situation to Warnock and Houllier last term, just does not get on with the gaffer. It happens.

I will give him a chance, because if he can recapture that form at Rangers, then 3m could well prove to be a snip.

Herd can play CM he said on AVTV - who I'm glad to say proved a bit of a point at the weekend that we DO have some real talent breaking through the ranks but bringing in Hutton who can play LB & RB makes sense for £3M

I wouldn't mind Hutton, but, as others have said before, right back isn't really our weakest position. We need a left back more, not to mention a central midfielder or two. And a real winger. But if we sign Hutton at least I think we've signed a decent right back.

And whilst having said all that, Herd isn't really an rb, and neither is Cuellar.

A player McLeish knows well and a player when on his game is a very good full back and certainly better than anything we currently have. Of course its all about getting him on his game but hopefully given that McLeish knows the lad and the fact that so far McLeish has got the likes of Warnock and Dunne again performing well he can get the best out of Hutton. If he does 3mill will be very good business.

Herd can play CM he said on AVTV - who I'm glad to say proved a bit of a point at the weekend that we DO have some real talent breaking through the ranks but bringing in Hutton who can play LB & RB makes sense for £3M

Isn't Herd a natural centre midfielder?

Anyway just a matter of hours before we see the web flash on the OS re Hutton.

Â