Alan Hutton

Rich_D

If 'Arry said the sun would rise tomorrow I'd still doubt he was telling the truth.

What he says has absolutely no bearing on reality. Might be the truth. Could just as likely be complete bollocks

totally agree he only said 2 weeks ago, spurs are not in for parker his to old and to much he said and what does he do go and buy him of course

Distinctly underwhelmed by this signing. Nothing wrong with Young, youth coming through, we buy a third choice full back from Spurs.

A third choice right back who could have joined Man Utd when he moved down south. There is a lot of potential there so be it on Mcleish's head for getting that out of him......... if he signs.

Replacing Young with Hutton isn't a bad bit of business IMO. He's younger, will cost less each week and has worked for AM before.

Also Lichaj is out for 4 months with a torn hip muscle so we definately need another fullback in!

Replacing Young with Hutton isn't a bad bit of business IMO. He's younger, will cost less each week and has worked for AM before.

Also Lichaj is out for 4 months with a torn hip muscle so we definately need another fullback in!

Apart from that we have Beye, Cuellar and Herd that can play RB..And the club if going by recent history will be asking McLeish to use or sell the players the club have already invested in before buying replacements...Beye on 40k a week surely would be tried in the regular RB role? Herd/Cuellar as back up?

Another excellent sensible signing by McLeish.

Not only is Hutton younger than Young but he's much more natural going forward. He makes mistakes defensively but he's strong in the tackle and has pace. Can beat a man and attack with direct running.

One massively underrated aspect of teams' attacking play is what their fullbacks do. It's one of the reasons we looked better going forwards when Walker arrived and why we sometimes lack creativity.

Another excellent sensible signing by McLeish.

Not only is Hutton younger than Young but he's much more natural going forward. He makes mistakes defensively but he's strong in the tackle and has pace. Can beat a man and attack with direct running.

One massively underrated aspect of teams' attacking play is what their fullbacks do. It's one of the reasons we looked better going forwards when Walker arrived and why we sometimes lack creativity.

Hope your right.

Solid signing. He's decent. Not exceptional. Probably not quite as reliable as Young at the back but better going forward, younger and I would imagine on lower wages.

Agreed, and summed up quite well. I've actually been waiting for this signing to happen for a while and glad it's almost done. Hargreaves next please.

I am impressed with all of AM's signings so far, he just needs to be allowed to make more.

What both of them????

Zog hasn't done anything much yet to impress? However I will admit that Given has paid off his fee already, much better keeper than I remembered!

That's why I said he needs to make more and I was kind of jumping the gun and including Hutton too.

I'm still happy with the Zog signing because I think he'll be good for us. Granted we are yet to see it.

Hargreaves would spend most of his time in bed with a swollen knee plus he's having a medical at Man.City.

If he signs for Man City there is absolutely no way he can ever say he is joining for the football. There is one man who has sold his soul for money. I thought better of him.

Â