Alan Hutton

Rich_D

dont get me wrong, Herd played well, but there is a HUGE difference playing full back against a Wolves side that took both wingers off and shut up shop, to playing central midfield against some of the best players in the world.

Sorry, we need a CM now !

dont get me wrong, Herd played well, but there is a HUGE difference playing full back against a Wolves side that took both wingers off and shut up shop, to playing central midfield against some of the best players in the world.

I agree, but it was a promising show from the kid. I think Eck likes to have a an experienced back line, with people not learning to play there, but can actually play there. Just look at his time with the clowns and their backline.

Herd could prove usefull back up at RB, and Licaj at Left back, or vice versa.

As for CM, Warnock was a revelation playing there at Blackburn, and will offer good protection for the centre backs, since hes played there aswell. Worth a try?

A good point, that. But you also might ask yourslef why they took their wingers off. Maybe Herd closed his side down? He was very good when they were on too. But then again, his first game from start and I have to say that Hogg too had a good first game against manure, but did little else after that. So the jury is still out on young Herd. But so far, so good.

Not overly excited by this as a signing, but I'll be honest I'm quite relieved we won't have to rely on Herd/Lichaj for a whole season.

That's pretty much the only thing that pleases me about this transfer.

We'll have an Englishman a Welshman a Scottsman and 2 Irishmen.....this is turning into a bleeding joke!
And at least one of them has been known to walk into a bar.

i find it amusing how now a player being on smaller wages than the one they replaced is deemed as a good reason to sign somebody....

just because it suits the boards lowered ambitions....

throw in a "he's younger" and it seems a bit rosier....

lets just ignore the fact that Luke Young was a far superior player and no smaller wages or younger years is gonna change the fact that Hutton is a step down in quality along with every other signing we have made this summer...

IMO of course

Don't mind Alan Hutton at all and for £3 million, it represents a good deal for me. I'm not sure it's really a step down in quality, Luke Young was decent but not 'great' he'll hopefully offer more for us going forward as well, especially considering he likes our wingers to tuck inside more often, hopefully a player like Hutton will thrive as an overlapping full back.

totally crap signing. total waste of money if we get him, we alreday have 4 people that can play at right back its just plain stupid.

we need 2 centre midfielders and a winger not an average scottish right back who is not going to improve the team at all

totally crap signing. total waste of money if we get him, we alreday have 4 people that can play at right back its just plain stupid.

we need 2 centre midfielders and a winger not an average scottish right back who is not going to improve the team at all

We may have 4 but soon as he comes he'll be the best out of the lot. Quality over quantity.

We may have 4 but soon as he comes he'll be the best out of the lot. Quality over quantity.

Totally disagree, Hutton is not that good IMO and I would rather we sorted out the midfield and the wing as Delph,Bannan,Ireland and Allbrighton are not good enough and Stan tires after 70 mins.

Â