Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Hargreaves would spend most of his time in bed with a swollen knee plus he's having a medical at Man.City.

If he signs for Man City there is absolutely no way he can ever say he is joining for the football. There is one man who has sold his soul for money. I thought better of him.

He's a physical wreck, he probably knows he won't play another game so he might as well get paid. If somebody offered to pay me for something I was incable of doing and therefore exempt from doing it despite but still being paid I'd be straight in there. Kind of a dream scenario!

actually, i would imagine that he would join them for free...

i get the sense that he rates himself good enough to play in any team and therefore he is interested to play in the best team that will take him... if he can force his way into the starting XI at citeh, he'll have proved every single one of his doubters wrong...

good luck to the lad, although i would have really liked to see him here... i just think he has so much to prove that here would have been a fantastic place to prove it...

i get the sense that he rates himself good enough to play in any team and therefore he is interested to play in the best team that will take him... if he can force his way into the starting XI at citeh, he'll have proved every single one of his doubters wrong...

good luck to the lad, although i would have really liked to see him here... i just think he has so much to prove that here would have been a fantastic place to prove it...

No......... he wants a fixed term contract - in the region of 2 years. That's why nobody has touched him. Man City can afford to piss 2 years wages up the wall and not miss it.

Matt Kendrick writes

Villa remain hopeful of completing a move for Sours' Alan Hutton after selling Luke Young to Queens Park Rangers for a fee believed to be around £2 million.

Rookie Chris Herd impressed at right-back in Saturday’s draw with Wolves but McLeish is keen to add more experience to his squad.

Hutton, 26, who played for McLeish with Rangers and Scotland, is surplus to requirements at White Hart Lane with Spurs also boasting Vedran Corluka and former Villa loanee Kyle Walker.

But Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is a tough negotiator and it is believed he is not satisfied with Villa’s £3 million valuation of a player he reportedly paid £9 million for in January 2008.

After reaching an impasse last night, the two clubs are set to resume talks today to see if a compromise can be struck over the defender, who has just one year left on his contract.

McLeish is continuing to play his cards close to his chest over the identity of the midfield options he has been pursuing, but has made a creative playmaker his priority.

Villa fans will be hoping the new boss can finalise the deals before the window slams shut tonight.

We never make it easy and should know better when dealing with spudzzz - they only buy on the cheap but demand high prices when they sell.....

I hope our efforts in the transfer window aren't purely taken up with these negotiations - instead we should concetrate on another winger/creative midfielder!

No......... he wants a fixed term contract - in the region of 2 years. That's why nobody has touched him. Man City can afford to piss 2 years wages up the wall and not miss it.

are they offering him a fixed term contract? my understanding was it was a pay for play contract???

Villa fans will be hoping the new boss can finalise the deals before the window slams shut tonight.

Oh dear, 'Arry better be careful then as no doubt his fingers will still be in it.

No problemo. Harry has flexible fingers. You can shut a bank vault on them and they snap back into shape like silicone.

Hargreaves would spend most of his time in bed with a swollen knee plus he's having a medical at Man.City.

If he signs for Man City there is absolutely no way he can ever say he is joining for the football. There is one man who has sold his soul for money. I thought better of him.

Sold his sould for money? So would you rather sit on your sofa each Saturday eating nachos instead of training and playing for Manchester City? He would take the role of reserve/play when called upon, just like Jerzy Dudek had at Real Madrid a couple of years ago. Greatest job in the world if you ask me. Hargreaves cannot play every week, he can probably play a game once in a while but never be part of the big scheme. Going to City or trying to play more at West Ham or Swansea? I know what I would choose! People like you are screaming "judas" and "sell-out" faster than Mario Balotelli changes haircuts these days. And in my opinion, it is got nothing to do with money, he has got a lot of that already. Look at Nasri; he left Arsenal and joined City, now that they are an established side we all knew they were becoming. Is he going for money? Hell no! Playing with Sergio Aguero and David Silva, as opposed to Rosicky and Song, was the only reason.

Alan Hutton's move to Aston Villa has stalled after Tottenham rejected a £3m offer for the defender from their Premier League rivals.

Aston Villa are battling to sign Tottenham full-back Alan Hutton before the deadline after seeing an initial £3million offer snubbed.

Villa chief Alex McLeish is looking to bolster his right-back options for the season ahead after he allowed Luke Young to join Premier League new boys QPR at the weekend.

And, as reported previously, 26-year-old Scotland international, Hutton, is the man at the top of McLeish's wanted list ahead of Wednesday's 11pm deadline.

However, it is being reported that Spurs supremo Daniel Levy wants more than £3million for Hutton given that they forked out £9million to Glasgow Rangers for his signature in January 2008.

sportinglybet on Twitter: "Just seen Alan Hutton outside Bodymoor Heath [Aston Villa training ground]. Deal seems likely today."

Nabbed off BBC site

Thanks.

Was expecting to see him in some time this morning, was beginning to worry we couldn't agree a fee with Spurs. Although there I still haven't seen any confirmation of an agreed fee.

Is he any good? I've never really watched him closely.

My flatmate is a spuds season ticket holder so I have seen him a few times.

No better than what we have alreday, looked good in the SPL but hasnt really impressed in England. Similar story to Shaun Maloney cant cut it down south

I'm not bothered about 'exciting' what concerns me though is that Hutton is Spurs 3rd choice RB behind Walker and Corluka.

It is true to say he was good at Rangers but then, that is Rangers. I think we have learned from experience that players proving themselves and doing well in Scotland is really no benchmark that should hold much value. There are so many examples of players coming down from Scotland and doing very little when they get here and he is about as good an example as you can find.

He is nothing more than an average RB, an average 3rd choice RB who has a reputation for liking a drink. He should fit with Dunne and Collins perfectly then.

Â