Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Id hate us to sign someone who will be an automatic backup, we have gone down that route before and almost ended up in trouble. We have people who can cover these positions already at the club.

like who? beye who is crap, lichaj looks good one week mediocre, and carlos looks off leaving only l young who is abit injury prone.

we do need another rb i believe

Players like Baye and Lichaj deserve a chance under the new manager (especially as we are already paying their wages)! Ireland and Warnock were considered crap under the last custodian and they seem to be making the most of the new regime.

Carlos is still a Villa player I believe.

We know we havnt got a lot of money and there are other areas that need more attention IMO.

Ireland and Warnock were considered crap under the last custodian and they seem to be making the most of the new regime.

Ireland and Warnock underperformed. We knew there was a good player in there somewhere. The trick was getting it out of them. We don't know there's a good player in Beye or Lichaj. Lichaj is different as he's young and could progress (and is progressing tbf). I've never seen anything in Beye to suggest he's anything but utter garbage.

Thats not fair on Beye though BOF. He was brilliant for Newcastle and whenever ive seen him in a Villa shirt hes been decent. Hes just not had a fair crack at it here. Like a few players to be fair. Its not his fault MoN signed him then froze him out. wtf was he thinking there?! Eejit.

But regardless, he should be sold now

Ireland and Warnock were considered crap under the last custodian and they seem to be making the most of the new regime.

Ireland and Warnock underperformed. We knew there was a good player in there somewhere. The trick was getting it out of them. We don't know there's a good player in Beye or Lichaj. Lichaj is different as he's young and could progress (and is progressing tbf). I've never seen anything in Beye to suggest he's anything but utter garbage.

Baye was loved by the barcodes, thus you would think he cant be as crap as he has been for us. He is very much as you have described above.

All Im saying is he needs to be given a chance before we buy someone to replace him, its not as if we can sell him either.

Thats not fair on Beye though BOF. He was brilliant for Newcastle and whenever ive seen him in a Villa shirt hes been decent. Hes just not had a fair crack at it here. Like a few players to be fair. Its not his fault MoN signed him then froze him out. wtf was he thinking there?! Eejit.

But regardless, he should be sold now

Have to disagree with the comments on Beye. I don't think he was "brilliant" at Newcastle and whenever he's played for Villa he's been nothing but a liability.

He almost single handedly got us knocked out of the Europa League last year.

Looks like we wil only sign someone if we sell first. So either Beye or Carlos leave or we stay as we are

Here's Alex McLeish on future movement, or lack thereof, in the transfer market.

"You can never say never but at the moment if we get N'Zogbia, which is looking good, then it's unlikely we will do anything unless there's more trading with the players we already have in the squad," he said.

"At the moment we don't plan to do any more business, I believe we've got some great young players and we've got one or two sleepers in there that could emerge."

For those of you that have doubts about his prior calibre I picked these snippets up from Wiki which would point out that he was considered quite a player (I know it’s not exactly gospel but it’s a fair indication).

His time with Marseille was a successful one where he established himself as one of the most accomplished defenders in France's top tier and was voted the fans’ Player of the Year in 2006. He was captain of Marseille for two years prior to his move to Newcastle United.

His ability to defend well and provide a good outlet going forward have enamoured him to the Newcastle faithful

On 22 May 2008 Beye was named Newcastle player of the season based on fan votes to a poll organised by the Evening Chronicle,[8] he was then named the official Newcastle player of the season on 23 May 2008,[9] as well as being named the Newcastle United Disabled Supporters Association Player of the Season on 22 August.

He should definitely be given another chance to prove what he can do IMO!

He almost single handedly got us knocked out of the Europa League last year

by being played out of position. Davies was more to blame.

When played right back Beye has played really well vs Spurs and Chelsea especially vs Spurs when they battered us at Villa Park he marked Crouch out of game

This is somewhat related bc Hutton is a fullback...

I just found out today that we had an unsuccessful bid for a Spanish International LB back in May. This means that we are still somewhat ambitious with players that we are after. The player's name is not Joan btw.

I just found out today that we had an unsuccessful bid for a Spanish International LB back in May. This means that we are still somewhat ambitious with players that we are after. The player's name is not Joan btw.

If I were a cynic Id respond by saying Herbert had 'unsuccessful bids' for Maradonna, Shearer and Gazza! :)

If I were a cynic Id respond by saying Herbert had 'unsuccessful bids' for Maradonna, Shearer and Gazza! :)

It just shows that we are looking abroad. I can't say the player's name...but he's traded "san fermin" for "antonio banderas" when he swapped clubs... 8)

Looks like we wil only sign someone if we sell first. So either Beye or Carlos leave or we stay as we are

Here's Alex McLeish on future movement, or lack thereof, in the transfer market.

"You can never say never but at the moment if we get N'Zogbia, which is looking good, then it's unlikely we will do anything unless there's more trading with the players we already have in the squad," he said.

"At the moment we don't plan to do any more business, I believe we've got some great young players and we've got one or two sleepers in there that could emerge."

What a truly depressing statement.

How many players have left so far this summer 13/14?, how many have arrived 2 (inc N'Zogbia). Lets just pray we don't have an injury crisis like last year, otherwise we're ****. HAVE THEY LEARNED NOTHING!!

I hope this comment by McLeish on transfers is bullshit? If it's not then we will have a relegation dogfight to look forward to.

As far as Hutton goes still not sure about him as a purchase but very sure that he should not be purchased to also play as a wide man. Depths of despair on that one!

Â