Alan Hutton

Rich_D

If Beye was that great he wouldn't still be at the club. He's an average player on a good player's wages, that's the problem.

Beye is comfortable picking up his wages every week, Its a thing that he has been labelled with at other clubs.

Shame really, because there is a pretty decent footballer in him somewhere, and its been wasted.

Agree.. Beye is the part of the reason we never made it to fair in europa.. the other half of the reason is MON for fielding such a poor side in the first place.

Pretty sure Curtis Davies and his ridiculous clearance didn't help matters.

Agree.. Beye is the part of the reason we never made it to fair in europa.. the other half of the reason is MON for fielding such a poor side in the first place.

I dont like MON at all but KMAC was manager then

I dont like MON at all but KMAC was manager then

oh right my bad.. still a stupid idea.

If Beye was that great he wouldn't still be at the club. He's an average player on a good player's wages, that's the problem.

Beye is comfortable picking up his wages every week, Its a thing that he has been labelled with at other clubs.

Shame really, because there is a pretty decent footballer in him somewhere, and its been wasted.

Im sorry mate but with all due respect that is bollox. If the manager aint picking him what do you expect him to do?? Run stark bollock naked onto the pitch and make a tackle just to justify his wages? And which other clubs has he been labelled as comfortable to just pick up his wages and do nothing?

Normally i would have let that slip because we're talking Habib Beye here but its just not true

Oh and this aint directed at you pal but to blame our Europa cup exit solely on Beye is just scapegoating of the highest order. He was no worse than any other player out there

I'm no fan of Habib Beye, but this statement is pure fabrication.

He might be comfortable picking up his wages here, but he hasn't done that at previous clubs.

If we could get rid of Beye, then it would be a sensible addition, sadly I dont think we can get rid of Beye and there are more pressing matters to ignore.

How long is left on Beye's contract with us?

It seemed pretty obvious from the comments from Houllier that we wouldnt be in for a striker

A fair point.

Why do people read SO much into the odd comment that comes out of the club? People are constantly looking for inconsistencies or signs of weakness when we don't know whether the statements are strategic, off the cuff or just plain meaningless responses to a journalists question.

Pretty much the only influence of note we can achieve is to cheer the team on a match day, so until then, sit back and relax. 8)

The club are the ones saying no more signings, can't blame the fans for being a little pissed off if we sell our two most creative players, release a goalkeeper and a holding midfielder and then not replace all of those, fans have a right to ask questions.

But, as I am trying to be positive I will wait and see.

Think its great we're playing Chelsea this Saturday in what should be a fairly "competitive" pre-season game.

Should give us a clear marker of where our current first choice XI (less Zog) are, plus no doubt our bench should all get a run out against top opposition.

We may know a bit more after this game about where we need to reinforce

ps. I think we already know but Saturday will reinforce the point

For those of you that have doubts about his prior calibre I picked these snippets up from Wiki which would point out that he was considered quite a player (I know it’s not exactly gospel but it’s a fair indication).

His time with Marseille was a successful one where he established himself as one of the most accomplished defenders in France's top tier and was voted the fans’ Player of the Year in 2006. He was captain of Marseille for two years prior to his move to Newcastle United.

His ability to defend well and provide a good outlet going forward have enamoured him to the Newcastle faithful

On 22 May 2008 Beye was named Newcastle player of the season based on fan votes to a poll organised by the Evening Chronicle,[8] he was then named the official Newcastle player of the season on 23 May 2008,[9] as well as being named the Newcastle United Disabled Supporters Association Player of the Season on 22 August.

He should definitely be given another chance to prove what he can do IMO!

Definitely not gospel as anyone can get on and edit can't they? Maybe Habib has been on his own page and done a bit of polishing!

I do know he was Newcastle's POTY one season - can't have been many defenders won that over the last 20 years! Not sure its very fair to have a disabled supporters vote is it - I am sure that they are not excluded from the main fan's vote?? I would imagine, if we had the same thing, Stan would win every year as they would admire the way that he stills plays week in week out in spite of his lack of mobility!

I do think there is a decent player in there if used at RB/RCB although, at times, he has looked a bit "De la Cruz" to me i.e. not sure where he should be standing on the pitch! Maybe this is just down to lack of match time.

The club are the ones saying no more signings, can't blame the fans for being a little pissed off if we sell our two most creative players, release a goalkeeper and a holding midfielder and then not replace all of those, fans have a right to ask questions.

But, as I am trying to be positive I will wait and see.

I agree it appears that we won't make many if any more moves this summer. However, IF we managed to shift a couple of the £40k/wk 'deadwood' players out, we might see a decent signing or 2.

I still think AM has transfer money available to him but the wage pot has only just stopped overflowing. If we could find the right £20m player who wanted 'only' £20k/wk I think we'd sign him. Unfortunately they don't exist! Until then we will have to supplement the well paid first dozen or so players with cheaper 'home grown' talent.

It's not RL's fault that UEFA are implementing the restrictions but it is his decision that our club shall be prepared for them. Also, if there were hundreds of thousands of fans paying money into our club, instead of the tens of thousands as there are, we wouldn't be so restricted either.

Way OT but probably not worthy elsewhere. :oops:

So is it Cuellar, Young or Warnock on their way out? Presumably, with only Dickie Dunne and Collins as established central defenders at the club, you'd think it's either Young or Warnock. Haven't Liverpool been sniffing after Warnock?

Â