Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On 19/05/2018 at 17:15, Junxs said:

Trouble is Bruce has already come out and stated that Hutton only gets a contract if we go up.

Nah, Bruce loves him... latest comments suggest Hutton gets a new deal regardless...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44173243

"Over two legs against Middlesbrough he was outstanding," Bruce told BBC Sport.

"Since we've moved him to left-back, he's gone to a different level"

"If anyone deserves a contract, it's Alan Hutton," said Bruce. "If I get my way, he'll get one"

"He's everything I enjoy in a player. He gives you everything he's got in training. He works like a beast, always first in - a manager's delight."

• Like 2

What terrible, terrible news. Just shows you the type of player Bruce likes, one that works hard, competes, gives everything and has absolutely no skill, ability or talent whatsoever.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

I am thinking that Villa 89 was being sarcastic....not meant to be taken seriously.......but you never know. the way things that can be read on emails and on this site can be completely misunderstood...

Regards to all

Del

• Like 1

I really like the guy, but their goal was so predictable for them......and so predictable for Hutton, its not the first time goals have come through our lines....He's not the only one involved Albert could have tracked if he was awake.

I think the age thing and contracts up will form a natural culling.

Think people are being pretty harsh here . . . he was arguably the best player in both halves of the semi-finals. No denying his mistake in the final, but I imagine the club will consider more than that one minute in their evaluation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Think people are being pretty harsh here . . . he was arguably the best player in both halves of the semi-finals. No denying his mistake in the final, but I imagine the club will consider more than that one minute in their evaluation. 

I think he’s going to have to take a substantial wage cut if he wants to stay here and very much needs Bruce to stay .

Â