Alan Hutton

Rich_D

How is this guy still a permanent fixture in the Scotland team?

Because he plays well for Scotland. Just not a premier league player. 

that is why he was a fixture in the spurs side that finished 4th in the league

No, he actually got loaned out to Sunderland the season they finished fourth. The next season Redknob sent Walker over to us in January, and as soon as Walker was back at Spurs, Hutton was training with the youth team there. 

not true, the season Walker went back to Spurs he was playing right back for Villa

• Like 1

I can't believe some of you actually think Walker is better then Hutton. Hutton has been very good the past two seasons, he is experienced while still being relatively young. He goes forward just as well as Walker and delivers better crosses, his defensive positioning is good not many wingers have gotten to him this season. Given that Hutton has fallen out with Candle Face he will be available for less then Walker.

I think Walker has Potential to be better than Hutton but we would be much better off with an experienced defender, especially if we are going to be replacing a lot of the backline as MM and other ITKs have said.

:D

I think Lamberts treatment of him is a bit harsh to be honest. The club should have let him go back to Spain, even though they were offering to pay a small part of his wages surely that would be better than nothing. At least he could have put himself in the shop window by playing regular games?? Looks like we woll be paying him until 2015 now

We're not a charity.

I think Lamberts treatment of him is a bit harsh to be honest. The club should have let him go back to Spain, even though they were offering to pay a small part of his wages surely that would be better than nothing. At least he could have put himself in the shop window by playing regular games?? Looks like we woll be paying him until 2015 now

We're not a charity.

Or maybe we are, since we seem happy to pay him for doing nothing for a couple of years.

He had the opportunity to play football but didn't accept the pay cut so it is his own doing.

I'm finding it harder to symphathise with him considering he's on probably 40k a week and it's not as though his lack of 1st team football is effecting his national team opportunities as he still gets picked everytime.

How is this guy still a permanent fixture in the Scotland team?

Because he plays well for Scotland. Just not a premier league player. 

that is why he was a fixture in the spurs side that finished 4th in the league

No, he actually got loaned out to Sunderland the season they finished fourth. The next season Redknob sent Walker over to us in January, and as soon as Walker was back at Spurs, Hutton was training with the youth team there. 

not true, the season Walker went back to Spurs he was playing right back for Villa

No. I mean before he moved to us on deadline day. 

we had a choice not to sign him, so I think WE are the architect of the problem.

should we expect him to take a pay cut after luring him from spurs? not sure I agree with that. its our fault, we just bought poorly, again.

seems like we have just got to see it out.

Gordon Strachan is adamant he is playing well, I havn't seen him, so I can't comment, but just suspect he doesn't fit in to our style of play.

when ever I have seen him play ...he looks slow and gets caught out of position too often.

The less said about the clown the better. Shouldnt mention villa and him in the same breath. Money grabber thats all he is

Incredibly harsh. Everyone who's out of favor, or you don't like is automatically a money-grabber eh? I'd say Hutton has been very professional about this whole situation.

I feel slightly sorry for Hutton.  He wasn't great, but his main crime seems to have been signing a contract that pays him a lot of money.

He picks up £1.5 million a year for turning up to reserve team training. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

He was very poor and rightly replaced. It is disappointing for all concerned that he hasn't been sold. His contract is up in 2015 but I'm sure he will be gone by next summer, maybe even January.

Yes, and adding to this, he appears happy with his moral compass to take that money, even though it seems that he has no prospect of turning out for his employer on any sort of regular basis. If he really had confidence in his ability and marketability to other clubs, then why not do the decent thing and just agree with Villa to cut up that contract and leave by mutual consent? Contracts can be broken at any time if both parties agree - it just needs one side of the contract not to demand a stoopid pay off.

Hopefully, Charles Adam and Mad-dog Ireland will put in a good word for him with Sparky at Stoke.

Obviously, it's easier (and more comfortable for HIM) to pick up that money and run around with the youth. To be fair, on that money, yeah, I'd sit on that contract and let it run down. It's the scourge of the modern game. And for the win, AVFC are not blameless in this sitch either.

I feel slightly sorry for Hutton. He wasn't great, but his main crime seems to have been signing a contract that pays him a lot of money.

He picks up £1.5 million a year for turning up to reserve team training. I wouldn't feel too sorry for him.

He was very poor and rightly replaced. It is disappointing for all concerned that he hasn't been sold. His contract is up in 2015 but I'm sure he will be gone by next summer, maybe even January.

Yes, and adding to this, he appears happy with his moral compass to take that money, even though it seems that he has no prospect of turning out for his employer on any sort of regular basis. If he really had confidence in his ability and marketability to other clubs, then why not do the decent thing and just agree with Villa to cut up that contract and leave by mutual consent? Contracts can be broken at any time if both parties agree - it just needs one side of the contract not to demand a stoopid pay off.

Hopefully, Charles Adam and Mad-dog Ireland will put in a good word for him with Sparky at Stoke.

Obviously, it's easier (and more comfortable for HIM) to pick up that money and run around with the youth. To be fair, on that money, yeah, I'd sit on that contract and let it run down. It's the scourge of the modern game. And for the win, AVFC are not blameless in this sitch either.

Why would he cut up his Villa contract??

They guy would be mental to do that. He will have to take a pay cut for a new club to agree to take him but he might as well keep getting paid by us whilst he is waiting for a decent contract.

We're not a charity.

???? we pay him £40k per week to run around with the kids ffs!!!!!!

We're not a charity.

???? we pay him £40k per week to run around with the kids ffs!!!!!!

Whose fault is that?You  think Hutton went up to Lambert and said put me in the youth team and give me my 40 grand a week?The entire"bomb squad"have been treated like shits to encourage them to move along sooner than later.

I feel slightly sorry for Hutton. He wasn't great, but his main crime seems to have been signing a contract that pays him a lot of money.

Yes, and adding to this, he appears happy with his moral compass to take that money, even though it seems that he has no prospect of turning out for his employer on any sort of regular basis. If he really had confidence in his ability and marketability to other clubs, then why not do the decent thing and just agree with Villa to cut up that contract and leave by mutual consent? Contracts can be broken at any time if both parties agree - it just needs one side of the contract not to demand a stoopid pay off.

Hopefully, Charles Adam and Mad-dog Ireland will put in a good word for him with Sparky at Stoke.

Why would he cut up his Villa contract??

They guy would be mental to do that. He will have to take a pay cut for a new club to agree to take him but he might as well keep getting paid by us whilst he is waiting for a decent contract.

That's the problem and my point... If he really cared about playing football and his long term career, he'd b**ger off. As it is, he is too comfortable earning the money he is earning instead of wanting to prove and better himself.

He could do the decent thing, but he won't. Villa gifted him, and now he is getting paid pretty much for naff all.

I thought I had made that clear in my initial post, but hey-ho.

Â