Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Poor old Alan, who could have of course ripped his contract up had he wanted to play so badly.

He is such a knob I wouldnt be surprised if he went after Benteke tonight

God have mercy on his soul if he attempts to 'Benteke' Benteke

I know he isnt the best player we have signed but you have to admit it is quite undeserved the way he is being treated by Lambert considering they had options to loan him out. The guy clearly wants to play football, hope we loan him out to a championship club in the window, even if for reduced wages. At least it will contribute to his wages rather than keeping him at BMH at full cost.

I know he isnt the best player we have signed but you have to admit it is quite undeserved the way he is being treated by Lambert considering they had options to loan him out. The guy clearly wants to play football, hope we loan him out to a championship club in the window, even if for reduced wages. At least it will contribute to his wages rather than keeping him at BMH at full cost.

If he wanted to play football so badly, he'd have **** dropped his wage demands or cancelled his contract.

The guy's a massive prick and I want him to rot, training in some far flung field in staffordshire. 

Edited by KjParton

he isn't a bad player

I can time a tackle better than Hutton and I'm very shit. He's not a footballer, he's an assassin in the mould of Ron "chopper" Harris. Little in the way of any footballing talent, positional sense was woeful, always in the wrong place. Sure he had commitment but thats about it. Closest thing I've seen to a headless chicken on a football pitch

his attitude before this interview wasnt a problem for me, and of all the cast offs he was the one who seemed to want to actually play anywhere he could. Not going to endear you much to the fans if you're going to go and publically slate the club while they're still paying your wages though. Silly boy. deserves everything he gets on here after that imo.

He has a contract, and to my knowledge we are not threatening to not pay him. His contract does not entitle him to a first team lot, nor even a game. We are upholding our end of the bargain.

He wants us to take a particular course of action (let him play at a club and place of his choosing, at a level below his current earnings level) but is seemingly not prepared to bring anything to the bargaining table, such as a reduced salary in line with his new performance levels. In short, he seems to be pissed off because we won't do him any favours.

I have some sympathy, but players seem happy to screw over clubs when they over perform, but when they under perform, there is nothing the other way. Player power is a problem in the game, and we are taking a stance on it. For me, this is a good thing.

To summarise - **** him!

• Like 2

I think the fact that the club weren't willing to accept a loan for even partial help with his wages suggests that they were trying to force him to let them out of the contract completely.   

I agreed with most of your post but I think you are jumping to a couple of sizeable conclusions in this line and ones I don't think are correct.

First, you say the club refused to accept to make any contribution to his wages yet there is no evidence to support that conclusion only that they refused the 3 offers from Spain.

For all we know the Spanish clubs could have offered to pay 20% of his wages and Villa wanted 50% (or pick any figures you want), there is nothing to suggest Villa expected the Spanish clubs to pick up all of his wages. 

I therefore don't agree with your conclusion that they are trying to force him to agree to ripping up his contract.

I think it is far more likely that Villa simple believe that they can find a Championship club willing to pick up a larger percentage of his wages than were on offer from the Spanish clubs.

Would his contract allow for this kind of conduct, mine talks about actions that bring the company into disrepute...

Allow what sort of conduct?

I might have missed something but the only quotes I can see from Hutton are talking about him being disappointed about none of the loan offers being agreed.

I've not really seen anything from him that I think is bad.

Having just read the article for the first time today, I 100% agree with Trent. He's obviously frustrated, it's clear he wants to play football and it's equally clear that's not going to happen here. He wanted to go to Spain and for whatever reason the CLUBS couldn't agree a suitable loan deal. As I understand it has nothing to do with him taking a pay cut as it was a proposed loan and not a permanent transfer. The only option remaining to him is to pay off his remaining contract if no lower league clubs come in for him?

I'm pretty sure Villa would be only to happy to tear up his contact if he said he was happy to forgo the remainder of his deal. He wouldn't need to buy it out just accept Villa not paying it out.

That was certainly not a problem with Holman who had a few years left in his.

But that would cost him a few million pounds.

Â