Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I always thought Hutton was an OK player, and certainly not worthy of the vitriol that he has received over the last 2 years.Not the best RB we've ever had, but certainly not the worst either.

And for a long time Villa supporter like myself, whos hero was Alex Cropley, there can't be enough bad tackles on Albion players imho.

• Like 3

Credit where credit is due. Hutton played a really solid game for Scotland against England the other night full of passion, desire & commitment. We all know he is very limited as a footballer but he would be ideal for any team that likes a good scrap. A very low Premier League side or the Championship is surely his level.

Hopefully, this individual performance has caught the eye of a few prospective suitors & has put him in the shop window.

At least he has also showed a willingness to go out on loan & a desire to play.

I think I'm the only VTer left who thinks Hutton is a good player and isn't ashamed to admit it.

He had a rough half a season, a few games in the middle where he did ok followed by a long layoff and then back into an ailing side devoid of idea. He was as much a victim of McLeish's madness as anyone, there's a serviceable footballer in him.

Of course the manager doesn't rate him which I can understand and he's on far too much money for what he is. Then there's Lowton. But I'm surprised we're not seeing much more interest in him, he seems to want to play football.

Nope.  I agree with you.  He's become the focal point of the McLeish-based hate campaign.

• Like 1

I can't think of a worse RB than him since Fernando Nelson.

He didn't look that bad before joining us, so maybe it is a lot to do with us as a team and/or the management at the time.

Habib Beye?

I know he was pre Nelson but Gary Charles takes some beating as the worst right back in the last 35 years.

Edited by Robbie09

I think I'm the only VTer left who thinks Hutton is a good player and isn't ashamed to admit it.

He had a rough half a season, a few games in the middle where he did ok followed by a long layoff and then back into an ailing side devoid of idea. He was as much a victim of McLeish's madness as anyone, there's a serviceable footballer in him.

Of course the manager doesn't rate him which I can understand and he's on far too much money for what he is. Then there's Lowton. But I'm surprised we're not seeing much more interest in him, he seems to want to play football.

Nope.  I agree with you.  He's become the focal point of the McLeish-based hate campaign.

Yes he has.

That said having spent a life time watching RB's more than any other player I honestly think he is a really poor defender and that has nothing to do with McLeish.

He didn't look that bad before joining us, so maybe it is a lot to do with us as a team and/or the management at the time.

Habib Beye?

I know he was pre Nelson but Gary Charles takes some beating as the worst right back in the last 35 years.

You watch that 95/96 season review and look how many goals came from crosses down the right hand side that Charles either provided or was involved in the build up to. Very underrated in my opinion, and our season went off the rails a bit when he broke and dislocated his ankle against West Ham just after the League Cup Final...

• Like 1

Yes he has.

That said having spent a life time watching RB's more than any other player I honestly think he is a really poor defender and that has nothing to do with McLeish.

I dont he is really poor. I think thats a tad harsh, I think he is average and certainly not worth £40k which is the main problem

• Like 1

Nope. I agree with you. He's become the focal point of the McLeish-based hate campaign.

Yes he has.

What is it that floats ur boat with right backs??

What is it that floats ur boat with right backs??

I was one myself and played at reasonable levels so used to watch them more closely than other players, still do. I used to play with NV so was a bit of a ITK chat between old mates but in public.

• Like 1

Habib Beye?

Nelson was OK, IMO. Gary Charles was just... effete. 

Probably just never updated it when he came back..

Sky are shit at updating stuff, based on the fact that they still have only three Champions League places on the Bundesliga table on their Score Centre.  Probably something that should be in the "Things that piss you off..." thread, because it really annoys me every time I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

so Hutton is whinging that we had three options to loan him to Spanish clubs and didn't agree a deal.

so that translates to a Spanish club saying 'hey we'll have your player but will pay only 20% of his wages' and us saying 'erm **** no'.

If Hutton wants to play so bad he could agree to take a pay cut or cancel his contract by mutual consent, but is he going to give up his lovely big wages for that '**** no'

Edited by VillanousOne

Â