Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Given aside you'd imagine that players like Hutton and Ireland can't afford the chance to write off whole seasons. Hutton's 28 and Ireland's almost 27, while they are obviously on wages they will not get else where it could potentially cost them more in the long run. If Hutton and Ireland both lose an entire season, or as daunting as it sounds possibly two, who's going to take a chance on them then? Who's going to pay them anything? Hutton can surely convince some one to pay him 20k a week at this level, Ireland on the other hand will still be living off that one season at City, I can understand why he won't take a pay cut because nobody will give him that kind of money ever again it's a shame Hughes didn't bring him to his QPR revolution last summer.

Given aside you'd imagine that players like Hutton and Ireland can't afford the chance to write off whole seasons. Hutton's 28 and Ireland's almost 27, while they are obviously on wages they will not get else where it could potentially cost them more in the long run. If Hutton and Ireland both lose an entire season, or as daunting as it sounds possibly two, who's going to take a chance on them then? Who's going to pay them anything? Hutton can surely convince some one to pay him 20k a week at this level, Ireland on the other hand will still be living off that one season at City, I can understand why he won't take a pay cut because nobody will give him that kind of money ever again it's a shame Hughes didn't bring him to his QPR revolution last summer.

Ireland has lost the last few yrs, one more wont matter

i think we just need to accept the fact that we are going to be stuck with hutton and ireland due to contracts which were stupidly given to them by this club

this may cause the club financial set backs, ie, buying new players, but we will just have to live with it till their contracts are up, best thing to do is forget about them and focus on the main squad, although this is easier said than done

Let's just say Lambert has £6m left in the coffers, for transfer fees and a years wage for whoever he brings in... Would people rather keep the like of Hutton and Ireland and get a new face in or try to pay them off and go with the squad we have, knowing that they're gone and won't be a factor next summer?

Let's just say Lambert has £6m left in the coffers, for transfer fees and a years wage for whoever he brings in... Would people rather keep the like of Hutton and Ireland and get a new face in or try to pay them off and go with the squad we have, knowing that they're gone and won't be a factor next summer?

You'd have to probably buy them out at the present value of their wage over the season, which I'm not sure the club would want to do if moves are needed in January.

Thought he did ok tonight, given that he's had no pre-season to speak of.

Dare I ask it, is he worth keeping as cover for the Lowtster?

Answers on a postcard.........................

Thought he did ok tonight, given that he's had no pre-season to speak of.

Dare I ask it, is he worth keeping as cover for the Lowtster?

Answers on a postcard.........................

Wouldn't keep him as cover for a manhole.

Bit harsh that he's not included on the OS round-up of our international players tonight. Did OK generally. Hope he gets a move.

Agreed. I never had a problem with Hutton. He wants to play football and certainly is not a bad player. I prefer Lowton obviously, but the idea that Hutton is terrible is just plain unfair.

Â