Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Just be good for the player and the club if he moves on. We get 30k/week off the books, which will go some way to covering the pay rises I imagine we've given to Westwood, Lowton and Weimann. Hutton hasn't really made a fuss since being frozen out and is 1/4 of the Bent, Given, Hutton, Ireland OUT list (or 230k/week) I hoped to see this summer.

I don't know why people think we're just going to give players away because they don't fit in Lambert's plans. We aren't a charitable foundation.

Many people believed we could 'easily' let Benteke rot in the reserves on £20k a week, we could do the same with Hutton on £30k a week then, no?

They'll be a fee involved in some capacity, maybe just to pay his contract off or some other sort of pay-off, but there will be a fee - no doubt an undisclosed one.

I probably should say I don't have any knowledge on the Malaga fee I'm just speculating but they were just relegated and are short of funds so it would be very surprising if they were willing to pay a fee for him.

Mallorca?

Haha sorry, I always get Malaga and Mallorca mixed up.

One is a port and the other an island right?

Is this sorry sack of shit still on our books?

not by the sound of it, signed a 2 year deal with Mallorca

Hutton still had a year left of his Villa deal, but boss Paul Lambert told him he was free to find a new club.

And he will celebrate being named in the Scotland squad to face England at Wembley yesterday by signing a two-year deal with the Spanish club.

Hutton has stated how happy he has found life and football in Spain

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/other-football/happy-hutton-in-move-to-spain-131223n.21676625

Is this sorry sack of shit still on our books?

not by the sound of it, signed a 2 year deal with Mallorca

Hutton still had a year left of his Villa deal, but boss Paul Lambert told him he was free to find a new club.

And he will celebrate being named in the Scotland squad to face England at Wembley yesterday by signing a two-year deal with the Spanish club.

Hutton has stated how happy he has found life and football in Spain

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/other-football/happy-hutton-in-move-to-spain-131223n.21676625

That link doesn't say he's signed for a new club, just that he's hoping to.

maybe another season loan.

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert set to offload Alan Hutton on another season-long loan to Real Mallorca

Hutton, the Scotland international defender, will join Mallorca for a second loan spell, which could last for the season, as Lambert moves to trim his squad.

The 28-year-old has been training in a group including £24 million record signing Darren Bent, Stephen Ireland, Shay Given and Barry Bannan, who have all been told they can leave the club.

Hutton still has two years remaining on his £40,000 a week contract and has not played for Aston Villa since Lambert's appointment.

Mallorca were relegated last season to the Segunda Division but Hutton impressed after signing on loan in January.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10195667/Aston-Villa-manager-Paul-Lambert-set-to-offload-Alan-Hutton-on-another-season-long-loan-to-Real-Mallorca.html

Surplus Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton is set for another reign in Spain after closing in on a loan return to Real Mallorca. It was thought the Spanish club would be unable to afford to sign Hutton again following their relegation from La Liga last season. But Mallorca are now set to finalise a season-long loan for the Scottish international right-back, who spent the second half of last term there.

Hutton has two years left on his Villa contract but the 28-year-old has spoken previously of how he enjoyed kickstarting his career in Spain. Having arrived in August 2011 and flattered to deceive under Alex McLeish, Hutton has not played a single competitive game under Paul Lambert.

Villa are unlikely to recoup any of the reported £3 million fee they paid Tottenham, but are keen to get his wages off the payroll.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-defender-alan-hutton-5264742

Weird story from Kendrick to be honest, we're unlikely to recoup any of the fee we paid for him but we're keen to get his wages off the payroll. Surely that would indicate him joining them permanently, not on loan?

Really hope they are paying his wages because a loan makes no sense for us whatsoever.

Surplus Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton is set for another reign in Spain after closing in on a loan return to Real Mallorca. It was thought the Spanish club would be unable to afford to sign Hutton again following their relegation from La Liga last season. But Mallorca are now set to finalise a season-long loan for the Scottish international right-back, who spent the second half of last term there.

Hutton has two years left on his Villa contract but the 28-year-old has spoken previously of how he enjoyed kickstarting his career in Spain. Having arrived in August 2011 and flattered to deceive under Alex McLeish, Hutton has not played a single competitive game under Paul Lambert.

Villa are unlikely to recoup any of the reported £3 million fee they paid Tottenham, but are keen to get his wages off the payroll.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-defender-alan-hutton-5264742

Weird story from Kendrick to be honest, we're unlikely to recoup any of the fee we paid for him but we're keen to get his wages off the payroll. Surely that would indicate him joining them permanently, not on loan?

Really hope they are paying his wages because a loan makes no sense for us whatsoever.

Why would any club loan a player if that club is not paying any wages for him? Of course they will be paying his wages.

Why would any club loan a player if that club is not paying any wages for him? Of course they will be paying his wages.

I mean completely paying his wages. I'm sure we could flog him permanently to somebody and if it is a loan we'll just be in the same position again next Summer wanting to get rid of him.

What an awful signing he was.

We wouldn't be loaning him to someone again if we could sell him.

If it was the end of the window and nobody had even sniffed at him then I'd understand wanting to get "some of his wages" off the books. If they're paying the entirety of his salary then fine, otherwise I'd rather wait to see if anybody comes in for him next month. If he is happy to play in the Liga Adelante then I'm sure he'd be happy to play in the Championship.

We wouldn't be loaning him to someone again if we could sell him.

If it was the end of the window and nobody had even sniffed at him then I'd understand wanting to get "some of his wages" off the books. If they're paying the entirety of his salary then fine, otherwise I'd rather wait to see if anybody comes in for him next month. If he is happy to play in the Liga Adelante then I'm sure he'd be happy to play in the Championship.

Hmmm...  Doncaster or Mallorca, let me think...

The highest paid player at Mallorca last season was on about £11,500 a week, when Ramis was their captain he was on €10,000 a week but it was hinted he could have got more but loved the club so much that he would play for less. Mallorca since their relegation are probably only able to offer him the bones of £8-10,000 a week max, and that would be for a star player so to speak, it is unlikely that Hutton will transform in to Matt Lowton and be able to be man of the match from right back. It is very unfortunate that we haven't been able to get rid of him, for me personally I think he will see out his last two years and then go to who ever pays him the highest, he talks about finding life and football in Spain, but all it is, is him playing in the sun and making the same amount as if he was at home doing nothing.

Â