Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I love how polarised the voting options are on this thread. 

The best, or shite, you decide. 😂

83 very sad and strange people. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

So poor old Theodore isn't doing too well at all.

Since I posted that back in September he has well and truly become my pal, almost every day he comes to my window and waits for me to give him some grub, I've known him to sit out there for 3 or 4 hours, he's only come inside a couple of times, he's a proper outdoor cat, but he's really affectionate, if I go outside to him he runs over and loves a load of fuss, he just doesn't like coming inside.

anyways, about a week ago he came to the window and I assumed he'd been scrapping because his eye was all swollen, a few days later the swelling had gone down but it was really pussy and weepy, I saw him yesterday and now its badly bloodshot and is clouding over, looks like he's already gone completely blind in it.

The problem is that he isn't actually my cat, I just feed the poor sod and I'm sure that he has a home because of the times that I see him, its almost as if he gets thrown out during office hours because I see him a lot more on weekdays than I do of a weekend.

I have called the RSPCA and told them that I could get him inside my flat and they could send someone out but they just told me that I have gotta take him to a vet and then if the treatment is minor I've gotta go and pick him up and bring him back here again, now I don't drive and I don't have a cat box to shove him inside and I doubt if work would be too happy if I told them I'm just nipping out for half a day to take someone else's cat to the vets.

They also pretty much said that if he isn't chipped and it is anything more than minor that they'd probably just put him down.

i would take to cats protection if you have one nearby (or give them a call for advice)...they are less likely to put him down and will try and get him the treatment he needs

the RSPCA isn't great in these matters unfortunately

Edited by tomav84

23 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i would take to cats protection if you have one nearby (or give them a call for advice)...they are less likely to put him down and will try and get him the treatment he needs

the RSPCA isn't great in these matters unfortunately

Cats protection has a recorded message saying to go to the RSPCA. 

I'm not a cat person at all but Theodore has really grown on me, it's genuinely upsetting 

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm not a cat person at all but Theodore has really grown on me, it's genuinely upsetting 

that's disappointing...and surprising

do you know anyone else who has a cat you can borrow a cat box from? sounds like you're gonna need to take him to the vet. if not chipped then i guess you have a decision to make as to whether you adopt him or not

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

that's disappointing...and surprising

do you know anyone else who has a cat you can borrow a cat box from? sounds like you're gonna need to take him to the vet. if not chipped then i guess you have a decision to make as to whether you adopt him or not

I actually don't know anyone with a cat, there are 2 people at work that I was hoping were going to be in the office today so I could have mentioned it to them in the hope that they would offer to give me their cat box to get him sorted but alas, neither of them have turned up today.

Me adopting him is out of the question, the landlord wouldn't allow it, not for a second, the fact that Theodore has came inside my flat a few times would be enough for him to do his nut in a big way.

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Me adopting him is out of the question, the landlord wouldn't allow it, not for a second, the fact that Theodore has came inside my flat a few times would be enough for him to do his nut in a big way.

Sounds a proper word removed. 

Obviously needs this:

spacer.png

6 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Are you in the Erdington area? Look up Team Cat Rescue, they've helped me with some ferals in the past. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/12/2022 at 08:17, leemond2008 said:

You can still take him to a vet if your prepared for a big bill to sort him out. 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Got a rescue cat from the cats protection last week , would have been less paperwork and criteria to meet if we’d adopted a child  but all done now .

She’d been living wild  in Horsell common for a few week( yeah that one for you HG Wells fans )  , maybe longer but looks like someone owned her previously even though she isn’t chipped or anything 

strange cat , purrs a lot and gives you nose rubs and then jumps 4 foot in the air if you try and stroke her , but probably still getting used to us 

had to put a chair in front of the fish tank for her as she kept trying to jump up and not quite making it , the thump gets quite annoying after the 20th one in 5 mins .. seems to be like TV for her 

id forgotten what it had been like to be a human servant after not having a cat for around 12 months 

5365474C-0AE2-4AA5-B430-146CFFD62275.jpeg

What a stunner ❤️

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Got a rescue cat from the cats protection last week , would have been less paperwork and criteria to meet if we’d adopted a child  but all done now .

She’d been living wild  in Horsell common for a few week( yeah that one for you HG Wells fans )  , maybe longer but looks like someone owned her previously even though she isn’t chipped or anything 

strange cat , purrs a lot and gives you nose rubs and then jumps 4 foot in the air if you try and stroke her , but probably still getting used to us 

had to put a chair in front of the fish tank for her as she kept trying to jump up and not quite making it , the thump gets quite annoying after the 20th one in 5 mins .. seems to be like TV for her 

id forgotten what it had been like to be a human servant after not having a cat for around 12 months 

5365474C-0AE2-4AA5-B430-146CFFD62275.jpeg

and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

55 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

theo.jpg

This was Theodore from about a week ago, his eye has healed up really well, its still clouded over so he is fully blind but he is back to being his old self again so he's going to be fine, such a shame though, he was a proper handsome boy, now he looks like a proper scrapper.

If it helps, one of our cars had to have an eye out last year (melting ulcer, horrible to look at) but cats adapt really well to having 1 eye. After he had healed a week or 2 later he was bouncing around like there’s nothing wrong with him and apart from him physically only having 1 eye you couldn’t tell. If anything he’s become more of a moggy since and I’m sure you will see that very soon if not already!

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

If it helps, one of our cars had to have an eye out last year (melting ulcer, horrible to look at) but cats adapt really well to having 1 eye. After he had healed a week or 2 later he was bouncing around like there’s nothing wrong with him and apart from him physically only having 1 eye you couldn’t tell. If anything he’s become more of a moggy since and I’m sure you will see that very soon if not already!

yeah he's back to himself already, he had a few weeks where he was feeling sorry for himself, he'd come round have his food and **** off, didn't want any fuss or anything, he's back to being a dickhead again now though.

I bought him inside the other day and he wonders round then sits at the door just looking out, he sat like that for about 40 minutes happy as Larry, as soon as I close the door he turns around and gives me a meow as if to say what the **** do you think you are doing, then he jumps out when I reopen it.

He is obviously happy in here when he knows he can get out, I'm gunna get some catnip for him and see if that helps him chill out while he is inside.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2023 at 20:33, Davkaus said:

A notable portion of people still skip over fully black cats. Their loss, she's absolutely beautiful.

Me and my partner love ours to bits, he is really obsessed with her so I always wind her up by saying he wants to replace me and don’t be surprised if he tries to kill me in the night lol. We’ve had Ace for 2 years now since a kitten, along with our older cat Nemo who’s been in my life for about 16 years now and still going strong. They have a typical big brother little brother relationship, most of the time Ace annoys Nemo. However, you can see and feel the love between them.

When growing up in my culture specifically on my mums side, black cats are seen as evil so I naturally avoided them a lot when young. Ace doesn’t have an evil bone in his body, he can be annoying at times (he opens our bedroom door in the night from the handle lol). I’ve found that black cats are really chatty, he has to let us what he’s doing all the time by chirping or meowing lol.

Â