Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

• 4 weeks later...

That **** cat scared the absolute shite out of me tonight, sitting down playing COD with my pal, got my headset on chatting bollocks.

It was unreasonably warm in here so I opened the door, this was at about 10pm, 5 minutes later this **** black things absolutely dive bombs off the balcony through the door, I literally screamed, I never see the stupid clearing in the woods at this time of night, as soon as he hits the floor, he shits himself cuz I shit myself and he leaps out faster than he leapt in, he came back in and had a kip for an hour and I turfed him back out, I would let him kip here but I don't want him pissing, shitting or spraying during the night while I'm in bed...dunno if he would do that but still, its a risk I ain't willing to take.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I have to take Wotist to be put to sleep at 5pm today.

I'm dreading it, I think I'm going to leave the vets in a big blubbery, snotty mess.

wotsit.JPG.637f9fd60afb2c8355d8a48ddca99f25.JPG

Sorry, man. 

• Thanks 1

My brother moved to Spain recently and his (very long haired) cat has been really struggling.  Moping around and not eating, getting really weak.

Took her to the Vet who spotted something on an xray.  Opened her up and removed a large swab that must had been left inside her by the previous vet from when she was neutered.  It was strung out and wrapped round her intestine and was starving her to death.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 2

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm dreading it, I think I'm going to leave the vets in a big blubbery, snotty mess.

We have had to do that,its one of the worst things we have ever had to do,but you are doing what you think is best for Whatsit or you would not be doing it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My brother moved to Spain recently and his (very long haired) cat has been really struggling.  Moping around and not eating, getting really weak.

Took her to the Vet who spotted something on an xray.  Opened her up and removed a large swab that must had been left inside her by the previous vet from when she was neutered.  It was strung out and wrapped round her intestine and was starving her to death.

Hopefully she will get better better now and her health will pick up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh it's such a difficult thing to do, had to do it for my Jack Russell 10 years ago and a cat about 5 years ago. You get so attached to them, they are really part of the family...🙁

I will also again be heart broken if/whenever I have to do that to my current cat.

But it is such a peaceful end for a sick pet. My dad was in a hospice dying from cancer a few years ago...it was distressing to see him like that, it would have been more dignified to let him overdose on morphine or something, no way would anyone let a dog or cat suffer like that

Remember the good times with wotsit, and when you are ready there are loads of cats looking for a forever loving home....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Cheers everyone, I’ve genuinely found comfort in your replies.

I know there are worse things happening in the world and I suppose at the end of the day, it was “just a cat” as your mate put it @tomav84, but you’re spot on, some people can’t relate.

I knew it wasn’t going to be pleasant, but it was much harder than I anticipated. I was sobbing like a baby when they injected him. Luckily all the staff were great and it was all quite peaceful really.

Been there. It hurts, and haunts forever, and you just go on. So sorry. I'm glad your cat had someone to look after him and love him. Thanks for sharing your grief. The little fellows have a way of working their way into your heart.

• Like 4

On 23/06/2023 at 19:54, Paddywhack said:

Cheers everyone, I’ve genuinely found comfort in your replies.

I know there are worse things happening in the world and I suppose at the end of the day, Wotsit was “just a cat” as your mate put it @tomav84, but you’re spot on, some people can’t relate.

I knew it wasn’t going to be pleasant, but it was much harder than I anticipated. I was sobbing like a baby when they injected him. Luckily all the staff were great and it was all quite peaceful really.

So sorry to read this mate. We had to do the same experience two years ago with our 18 year old tabby cat (Levi) and it broke Mrs F and I.  His brother (Oxo) is 20 now and we won’t have much longer with him either no doubt. We love them dearly, as do the children.

The pain of those last moments never goes away really and certain things trigger me off still thinking about Levi, ie something in a film or a song but please take solace from the fact that you’ve given Wotsit a wonderful life. It’s hard right now but think of the happy times you had and the smiles will return. Take care chap.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Neighbour's black and white cat has just killed his fourth wood pigeon in my back garden, along with all the evidence leaving my garden like a crime scene.

I even fronted it after it unsuccessfully chased victim no.5 and it stared me down as if the little word removed was saying "...and ?? AND ????"

I get it is part of nature....perhaps its my fault for having a fancy bird feeding station with seeds being dropped in the grass, also dopey pigeons not being aware of the danger, unlike the magpies who would proppa kick off mate if attacked......all I know is this little sh!t hides in the bushes and bides his time.....just waiting for the next chance to turn my lawn in to the aftermath of a pillow fight - again  😡

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Neighbour's black and white cat has just killed his fourth wood pigeon in my back garden, along with all the evidence leaving my garden like a crime scene.

I even fronted it after it unsuccessfully chased victim no.5 and it stared me down as if the little word removed was saying "...and ?? AND ????"

I get it is part of nature....perhaps its my fault for having a fancy bird feeding station with seeds being dropped in the grass, also dopey pigeons not being aware of the danger, unlike the magpies who would proppa kick off mate if attacked......all I know is this little sh!t hides in the bushes and bides his time.....just waiting for the next chance to turn my lawn in to the aftermath of a pillow fight - again  😡

I've got cats and it pisses me off if they kill any birds, although I must admit pigeons are a **** nuisance so if one of them cops it t's not so bad.

One of my cats once caught a fledgeling magpie, I could see it upside down in a bush, apparently dead.

Then a swarm of screaming magpies appeared and started dive-bombing Freddie who looked shit scared. haha, then I went to retrieve the magpie and the **** wasn't even injured.

Put it on the shed roof and it disppaered with the rest of it's gang.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I've got cats and it pisses me off if they kill any birds, although I must admit pigeons are a **** nuisance so if one of them cops it t's not so bad.

One of my cats once caught a fledgeling magpie, I could see it upside down in a bush, apparently dead.

Then a swarm of screaming magpies appeared and started dive-bombing Freddie who looked shit scared. haha, then I went to retrieve the magpie and the **** wasn't even injured.

Put it on the shed roof and it disppaered with the rest of it's gang.

Those **** magpies can hold a grudge as well, it was months before my cat could go back outside in the day without a flock of them coming at him, he'd forget and look equally surprised every time it happened

• Like 3

On 23/06/2023 at 04:18, Paddywhack said:

It is a very cruel bargain we agree to when we take animals into our lives. 

I dread the day I have to have Reggie put down. He is the most emotionally intelligent cat I've known and he is attached to me in a deeper way as a consequence.  It will be devastating. 

Oscar will be marginally easier because he's more aloof and doesn't need me as much.

I'm sorry for your loss, he looks like a lovely kitty cat. I hope you're handling it alright.

Edited by maqroll
  • Thanks 1

Â