Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

Our black cat now has some white on her courtesy of somehow opening our bedroom door and jumping up onto the freshly painted window sill … wouldn’t have been too bad apart from the fact she made her exit via the bedside cabinets ( fitted last week ) and the carpet , thankfully the carpet is being replaced next week !

Next job is to Google “ does white spirit harm cats “ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Our black cat now has some white on her courtesy of somehow opening our bedroom door and jumping up onto the freshly painted window sill … wouldn’t have been too bad apart from the fact she made her exit via the bedside cabinets ( fitted last week ) and the carpet , thankfully the carpet is being replaced next week !

Next job is to Google “ does white spirit harm cats “ 

On the paint thing, if you need to use anything, brush cleaner might be safer, as you wash off with water, whereas that doesn’t apply with white spirit. Remove the paint with brush cleaner, then wash off with water, so if puss licks it’s feets after, at least it’s not ingesting toxins.

Hopefully it was a water based paint, not solvent based?

edit. On the other hand, the white spirits might at least chase out the evil spirits that inhabit all cats.

43 minutes ago, blandy said:

On the paint thing, if you need to use anything, brush cleaner might be safer, as you wash off with water, whereas that doesn’t apply with white spirit. Remove the paint with brush cleaner, then wash off with water, so if puss licks it’s feets after, at least it’s not ingesting toxins.

Hopefully it was a water based paint, not solvent based?

edit. On the other hand, the white spirits might at least chase out the evil spirits that inhabit all cats.

Thanks …Mrs H banned me from going near it when I suggested white spirit , she’s using water and a lot of cussing instead :) 

I told you that this cat was a fecking idiot

I didn't open the curtains this morning until 8am, at which point Theodore was sitting down practically asleep facing my door, I thought the poor **** must be freezing so I went outside and bought him in, gave him his ham and dreamies inside, as per usual he was happy as anything, wouldn't leave me alone constantly wanting a fuss, then I shut the door and he goes over sits at it and start meowing like a dick head, I open the door and he hops out again.

since then he's been sitting outside like this...

image.png.e5845c23515b3e20318906e471a4db84.png

I open the door and he just stares at me, if I bring him inside and shut the door he'll just sit on the other side staring out.

• Haha 1

Currently on my last day of holiday but having to cut that short due one of my cats not doing to well. (This might be a bit of an emotional ramble)

Basically we adopted a British Long Hair (Smokey) cat in September, the previous owner and vet had mentioned he may have a few health problems but with diet and medication it can be managed. He has been doing great up until day 4 of our holiday, our cat sitter has been sending regular updates about all of our cats etc. We told the cat sitter that Smokey needs to not have the same food as our other 2 cats because it will affect Smokey, well they didn’t listen and she’s been saying to my partner that Smokey is poorly. 

It’s really frustrating that we paid the cat sitter and instructed her a few times (emails and verbally) about Smokey’s schedule and she’s not stuck to it, she’s now not taking any accountability for him being poorly. She said to us she would not have taken it on if she knew, but we told her several times. The kicker is that she also is being difficult about taking him to the vet… she also has said that her job was only to feed them not to clean the litter etc. I just feel powerless because we are 4 hours away, our families are not able to either get to him for various reasons.

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

The kicker is that she also is being difficult about taking him to the vet… she also has said that her job was only to feed them not to clean the litter etc.

On the upside, you've invented a new tongue-twister;

Shit cat sitter won't clean the cat shitter.

• Haha 2

Where the **** did you get this cat sitter, jesus christ :(

I wouldn't pay her. Her job, as a cat sitter, doesn't include cleaning the litter tray? **** off

In fact, if you've got written evidence you told her about the conditions, and have got texts or something rather than phone calls saying 'she wasn't told', not only would I not be paying her, I'd be sending her an invoice for the vet bills. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

so, here is dick head cat Theodore yet again.

Sitting down watching a film, get up to make myself a drink and he is sitting there watching me from outside, no idea how long he has been out there, it might have been hours, anyways, I gave him his ham and it was freezing so I bought him inside and he found the halogen heater and seemed pretty damn happy in front of it....for 10 minutes then he goes and sits in front of the door meowing like a knob to go outside, I open the door and he sits there looking at me, won't go outside don't want the door shut...**** dick head cat.

image.png.0e0c974c60bc3071f2273754652add8c.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Morning guys we’re arrived back yesterday evening, my other older cats seemed happy we were back but concerned about smokey. Anyhoo the vet has transferred Smokey due to his seizure, but he is stable and responsive which is good. They said he has a liver shunt and it explains why he has slight stunted growth and why the seizures happen. His liver can’t flush the toxins out of his body the same way a healthy cat can. 

Thankfully our insurance is covering the costs and we are a lot calmer. Hopefully we can go and pick him up today and the vet said his surgery can be done as early as Friday to close the shunt. 

glad he's ok mate. it's such a minefield with pet sitters...we've had 2 in the past and have both been fine. the 2nd we went through pawshake which doesn't release payment until you confirm you're happy with how things have gone.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tomav84 said:

glad he's ok mate. it's such a minefield with pet sitters...we've had 2 in the past and have both been fine. the 2nd we went through pawshake which doesn't release payment until you confirm you're happy with how things have gone.

Thanks mate! I know it was a nightmare before we left, normally my mum or younger brothers do it but they weren’t able to. I’ll definitely check out pawshake  thanks for the recommendation!

We are hoping we can get Smokey from the vets by Friday, they needed to keep him a bit longer to flush out the remaining toxins. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2023 at 04:54, Rustibrooks said:

Currently on my last day of holiday but having to cut that short due one of my cats not doing to well. (This might be a bit of an emotional ramble)

Basically we adopted a British Long Hair (Smokey) cat in September, the previous owner and vet had mentioned he may have a few health problems but with diet and medication it can be managed. He has been doing great up until day 4 of our holiday, our cat sitter has been sending regular updates about all of our cats etc. We told the cat sitter that Smokey needs to not have the same food as our other 2 cats because it will affect Smokey, well they didn’t listen and she’s been saying to my partner that Smokey is poorly. 

It’s really frustrating that we paid the cat sitter and instructed her a few times (emails and verbally) about Smokey’s schedule and she’s not stuck to it, she’s now not taking any accountability for him being poorly. She said to us she would not have taken it on if she knew, but we told her several times. The kicker is that she also is being difficult about taking him to the vet… she also has said that her job was only to feed them not to clean the litter etc. I just feel powerless because we are 4 hours away, our families are not able to either get to him for various reasons.

My word, she sounds like a real shit. Sorry to hear that. 

kitten has decided that 4am is a good time to have a chat and play  

we've got this squeaky mouse on a stick  , she brings it upstairs , dumps it on the bed and then starts purring and meowing until either either Mrs H or myself get bored of pretending we are still asleep so we don't have to get out of bed  ,  even the kids weren't as bad as this when they were little   !

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

kitten has decided that 4am is a good time to have a chat and play  

we've got this squeaky mouse on a stick  , she brings it upstairs , dumps it on the bed and then starts purring and meowing until either either Mrs H or myself get bored of pretending we are still asleep so we don't have to get out of bed  ,  even the kids weren't as bad as this when they were little   !

Give them a BIG feed before bed.Sleeping makes them hungry and eating makes them tired.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/01/2023 at 09:04, leemond2008 said:

I told you that this cat was a fecking idiot

I didn't open the curtains this morning until 8am, at which point Theodore was sitting down practically asleep facing my door, I thought the poor **** must be freezing so I went outside and bought him in, gave him his ham and dreamies inside, as per usual he was happy as anything, wouldn't leave me alone constantly wanting a fuss, then I shut the door and he goes over sits at it and start meowing like a dick head, I open the door and he hops out again.

since then he's been sitting outside like this...

image.png.e5845c23515b3e20318906e471a4db84.png

I open the door and he just stares at me, if I bring him inside and shut the door he'll just sit on the other side staring out.

Well, I guess that Theodore is kind of my cat now, he asks to come in when he is tired, has a nap for an hour or two then lets himself back out, today though he was properly asleep and I couldn't wake him up, he just went lame and wanted to sleep, I had to chuck him out, he might have another home and I ain't gunna have him here full time.

444.jpg

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 4

On 26/01/2023 at 23:09, maqroll said:

My word, she sounds like a real shit. Sorry to hear that. 

Smokey is a he cat. 

trollfacelmaaaao.gif

Edited by sidcow

• 4 weeks later...
Â